• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nah , he's getting forward like a racehorse , the difference is probably the quickness of foot of the other midfielders around him.

Looks pretty much the same to me tbh, only 45 minutes of the season mind haha! 

Either way I believe it was a terrible deal, as much as I liked Matic here I'd much prefer he stink up the place at Old Trafford. 

7 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Looks pretty much the same to me tbh, only 45 minutes of the season mind haha! 

Either way I believe it was a terrible deal, as much as I liked Matic here I'd much prefer he stink up the place at Old Trafford. 

Well , he's bossing the midfield , and Lukaku's now got two goals so I don't think your wish will come true. It's the smell of success for a club actually backing their manager.

jangz   

We basically create our own crisis.. shambolic by the board.. selling a first team player to a direct rival. Fergie would never have done that remember Heinze saga with liverpool.

56 minutes ago, Stim said:

Well my point was everyone goes on about djobli whatever his name is but last year we managed to sign 2 players on the last day who became key players and were not useless. 
Hopefully this year we can do the same.

Hopefully we can do a lot better this time around. Lord knows we will have to do a lot better than Luiz and Alonso on the final day. That won't be enough this time. 

55 minutes ago, jones said:

Disagree. The mistake of waiting too long has already cost us, but the right signings can leave us with a great squad. Season is one game old. About 60 to go. Will never be a 10/10, but with the right signings can be good all things considered. Long term perspective most important.

Yes but the mistake of waiting too long will continue to cost us until the new (if any) players have time to settle in and learn our system and tactics. 

Just because they've had a full pre-season elsewhere doesn't mean they'll be able to just slot right into our starting XI and play a blinder. 

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Matic absolutely amazing for United so far , he's done more in two games for them  than in the last two seasons of his Chelsea career .

It really makes you wonder if wanting away he's been dialling it in at Chelsea particularly given what he said at the end of the last JM season.

No surprise really. Criminally underrated while he was here. What is it they say? You won't notice what you had until it's gone? 

I haven't even watched the Man U game but feel fairly comfortable most people will talk about him being a success at United. He's that good. 

24 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

He's doing exactly the same for them as he was for us, unsurprisingly. Difference is people don't need to scapegoat him now he's a United player! 

Quite. 

Just now, jangz said:

We basically create our own crisis.. shambolic by the board.. selling a first team player to a direct rival. Fergie would never have done that remember Heinze saga with liverpool.

They are our biggest opposition.

Kezza   
5 minutes ago, jangz said:

I don't remember people being too bothered selling to Utd then. In fact many said they would personally drive Matic to Utd for that 40M loose change by his standards.

Edited by Kezza

chelboy   

The Matic deal was never going to make sense. Never mind selling to a rival but selling to a manager who knows him very well is the double blow. I wanted Matic gone but not to them it makes no sense.

RA did the same thing with Cech and let him go anywhere he wants because he promised to stay in a season where he wanted to go. If Hazard did the same would we sell him to City or so? No chance. Hope they use this as a lesson no matter the player and their desires never sell to rivals.

chelboy   

Matic did not play that well under Conte because Conte uses his midfielders as CM's he does not do holding midfielders. Matic plays best when he's a CDM. Its why Conte wants Drinkwater and bought Bakayoko. All of them are CM's.

3 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Matic did not play that well under Conte because Conte uses his midfielders as CM's he does not do holding midfielders. Matic plays best when he's a CDM. Its why Conte wants Drinkwater and bought Bakayoko. All of them are CM's.

Matic isn't playing a as DM though , he's been up and down both flanks , there's been a bit of DM type work but far more offensive than how he was used in his last two seasons here. He's been outstanding.