• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

BlueFizz   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

We all know it's because you fancy a run out at the weekend.

I was banished to train with the reserves by John Hollins and have been on loan at Dulwich Hamlets since the Ranieri era. But my phone is always on...

12 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

What we do know, is that this has been managed horribly bad either case. 

In what way?

We know Costa wants to leave, has possibly wanted to leave for a long time. Conte said he asked to leave  three times last season alone.

We know that Costa claims he was sent a text message saying he was no longer needed. If it is as simple as that then Conte got that wrong but we have only heard one version. I can't imagine it is as simple as Conte sending a text message out of the blue telling Costa he is no longer in his plans. 

We know Costa went to the media in June telling everyone about the apparent text message and that he was no longer wanted.

We know Costa has sat down with the Daily Mail and done an exclusive interview putting all the blame on the manager and club.

We know Costa refuses to leave unless he is allowed to go to a club that appear unwilling to pay what we want for him.

I'm not sure what we as a club have done wrong or how we have handled the situation badly?

Kezza   

We direly need reinforcement in midfield and wide forward role, even more so than central defence. Yet we constantly hear rumours about van Dijk/Sanchez, when we have Rudiger and Christensen. While we are only 'working' on Drinkwater and nothing on the wide forward.

What should we think about this? 

synavm   
10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He said: “My desire is to go to Atletico. I have rejected other offers. They want to sell me to China or other teams. If I’m off, I’m going to the club I want to go to, not the club that’s paying the most.

He's calling all the shots and we're the ones in the wrong?

With that attitude... I think he'll make a mighty fine substitute forward in the U-21 Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

We direly need reinforcement in midfield and wide forward role, even more so than central defence. Yet we constantly hear rumours about van Dijk/Sanchez, when we have Rudiger and Christensen. While we are only 'working' on Drinkwater and nothing on the wide forward.

That, as ever, the newspapers/bloggers/Twitter ITKs from whom we get most of our 'information' know nothing about what the club are trying to do.

2 minutes ago, Kezza said:

That the media probably have very little idea who we are targeting?

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

In what way?

We know Costa wants to leave, has possibly wanted to leave for a long time. Conte said he asked to leave  three times last season alone.

We know that Costa claims he was sent a text message saying he was no longer needed. If it is as simple as that then Conte got that wrong but we have only heard one version. I can't imagine it is as simple as Conte sending a text message out of the blue telling Costa he is no longer in his plans. 

We know Costa went to the media in June telling everyone about the apparent text message and that he was no longer wanted.

We know Costa has sat down with the Daily Mail and done an exclusive interview putting all the blame on the manager and club.

We know Costa refuses to leave unless he is allowed to go to a club that appear unwilling to pay what we want for him.

I'm not sure what we as a club have done wrong or how we have handled the situation badly?

Are you seriously asking me to describe why this has been handled badly? 

Ok how about this, if Costa was told he could leave in January how is it possible we find ourselves in this situation? Costa doesn't have a new club, he's in Brazil and giving interviews that makes our club look like its run by a bunch of clowns. 

If Costa wasn't told he would be let go in January, but told via text message in June. Don't think I have to explain why that scenario would be bad. 

Kezza   
3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

That, as ever, the newspapers/bloggers/Twitter ITKs from whom we get most of our 'information' know nothing about what the club are trying to do.

well, when it's quiet, it usually also means that. Granted they don't get it right all the time. But if they can pick up our interest in VVD and Drinkwater, why wouldn't they pick up any interest in the wide forward role, assuming there is interest. No smoke without fire, and usually no fire without smoke too.

3 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Are you seriously asking me to describe why this has been handled badly? 

Ok how about this, if Costa was told he could leave in January how is it possible we find ourselves in this situation? Costa doesn't have a new club, he's in Brazil and giving interviews that makes our club look like its run by a bunch of clowns. 

Because he is refusing to leave unless it's to one club that will not pay the asking price?

3 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If Costa wasn't told he would be let go in January, but told via text message in June. Don't think I have to explain why that scenario would be bad. 

Says who, Costa? 

Dingus   

I think both parties are at fault tbh.

Costa was clearly hoping that the Atletico transfer ban was going to be lifted in the summer and because it wasn't, he's the one that is stuck in Brazil (I say stuck - more like lording it up in his Atletico shirt) refusing to move to anyone else.

Chelsea are at fault for allowing it to reach the point that it has. But then what can you do with a player that wants to move to the one club that can't register players until January? I'm pretty confident that they'd have sold him to China, or Milan if Costa showed any sort of interest, but he hasn't.

It's just a mess.

I want to be talking about being Champions with a fresh new squad full of top quality players, ready to take on the Premier League and the Champions League. Instead we have about 9 players available for the Spurs game with seemingly nothing happening on the transfer front to improve the quality of the squad, just the numbers side.

Sad times.

Edited by Dingus