• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 minute ago, blue moon said:

Not that I saw

Didn't the fans sing 'are you watching Abramovic'? 

Seems to me there was a section of the fans who were blaming the current state on Roman... 

jones   
12 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Er, that's exactly what I am saying - we can't force him to go elsewhere.

We knew he only wanted A Madrid.

We knew they would suffer a transfer ban - that was known and one appeal had already been turned down and there was a precedent set with Barca.

We knew all of this and yet no deal has been made... And by the way, A Madrid does not have a transfer ban, they have a registration ban. What that means is that they are free to buy as many players as they want, but can only register them for competitive games in January 2018. So there is no reason to why A Madrid can't buy players now - they can.   

Exactly. If it is true Atletico are willing to bid 26mp and we want 50mp, while Costa only wants Atletico and already rejected offers from Milan and China, it goes without saying that is going to be very close to 26mp. We don't have any negotiating power at the moment, and the best we could do is get rid of someone who diverts focus and makes negative headlines. It is worth way more than an extra 5mp in transfer fees. Just accept their bid and part ways.

Costa will always be one of the biggest Chelsea cult heroes. The embodiment of high and low. Was always bound to end like this. 

GURJ SS   
17 minutes ago, Kezza said:

He'd be a better option than Boga or Musonda for a start.

Considering his experience yes, but that's about it. Boga and Musonda are both great talents and can't be compared to Oxlade, because they haven't had the same chances as him. Actually Oxlade is very similar to Barkley, both have been given incredible amounts of chances and patience, but are just average gap fillers.

Sergi Roberto would be a great signing from Barcelona. Them signing Paulinho could open the door as he's said to be livid about it.

About £36m release clause (for spanish clubs but they might honour it for him) and can play RB, RWB and CM - AND is an improvement on quality in those positions.

Get it done.

5 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Didn't the fans sing 'are you watching Abramovic'? 

Seems to me there was a section of the fans who were blaming the current state on Roman... 

Didn't notice. No singing of that sort in Shed Lower, and couldn't hear much from the other sections. Certainly couldn't see Roman, and usually do. Maybe he was hiding behind the sofa, or sneaking into the ref's changing room with a baseball bat. Don't blame him after that performance.

6 minutes ago, jones said:

Exactly. If it is true Atletico are willing to bid 26mp and we want 50mp, while Costa only wants Atletico and already rejected offers from Milan and China, it goes without saying that is going to be very close to 26mp. We don't have any negotiating power at the moment, and the best we could do is get rid of someone who diverts focus and makes negative headlines. It is worth way more than an extra 5mp in transfer fees. Just accept their bid and part ways.

Costa will always be one of the biggest Chelsea cult heroes. The embodiment of high and low. Was always bound to end like this. 

This is the only plausible solution at this point in time. 

Accept whatever offer AM puts on the table and be done with it. Every day that passes is basically yet another day the club will look bad. 

4 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Didn't notice. No singing of that sort in Shed Lower, and couldn't hear much from the other sections. Certainly couldn't see Roman, and usually do. Maybe he was hiding behind the sofa, or sneaking into the ref's changing room with a baseball bat. Don't blame him after that performance.

I should perhaps add that I watched the game on TV. It certainly seemed like there was a chorus of "are you watching Abramovic". It is however quite hard to grasp where it comes from when you watch on TV. 

Did anyone who was at the game hear it? There's of course a rathe rbig chance that I misheard it and the fans sang something else completely. 

Dingus   
1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Er, that's exactly what I am saying - we can't force him to go elsewhere.

We knew he only wanted A Madrid.

We knew they would suffer a transfer ban - that was known and one appeal had already been turned down and there was a precedent set with Barca.

We knew all of this and yet no deal has been made... And by the way, A Madrid does not have a transfer ban, they have a registration ban. What that means is that they are free to buy as many players as they want, but can only register them for competitive games in January 2018. So there is no reason to why A Madrid can't buy players now - they can.   

But you're saying that if he wanted to leave in January, the club should have had a deal set in place for him no? If the one club he wants to go to was already banned from registering players then I'm not sure how we can negotiate any other deal to another club.... 

As I said, he was banking on the registration ban being overturned. That didn't happen, he's played the Conte text card, trying to drive down a price because he knows he's not going to another club other than Atletico.

I've made my feelings known towards the clubs dealings, but the club are totally in line wanting a fee that's acceptable to them.

9 minutes ago, bluecueball said:

Sergi Roberto would be a great signing from Barcelona. Them signing Paulinho could open the door as he's said to be livid about it.

About £36m release clause (for spanish clubs but they might honour it for him) and can play RB, RWB and CM - AND is an improvement on quality in those positions.

Get it done.

I think we're seriously interested. There's reports this morning that the Paulinho deal has cemented his desire to leave, and we're one of the clubs interested.

He can play DM, RW and RWB. So to get him, Ox and a LWB (Rose or Bertrand I suspect) would make a huge difference to us. 

Just now, Dingus said:

But you're saying that if he wanted to leave in January, the club should have had a deal set in place for him no? If the one club he wants to go to was already banned from registering players then I'm not sure how we can negotiate any other deal to another club.... 

As I said, he was banking on the registration ban being overturned. That didn't happen, he's played the Conte text card, trying to drive down a price because he knows he's not going to another club other than Atletico.

I've made my feelings known towards the clubs dealings, but the club are totally in line wanting a fee that's acceptable to them.

Not sure what you mean - what I mean is that if we told him in January that he could move on then surely we must have known we can actually sell him at an acceptable price in June? If not, why would we tell him he's free to leave?

If we told him in January that he could move on, I would assume the condition was always that he could move in June (and not in January) as we did not have enough players to survive him leaving in January. However, when one think about it - how likely is it that we told the only striker Conte trusted he was free to leave with almost half the season to go? That in itself seems like a very stupid strategy... Just a thought... 

Registering players and buying players are two separate things. AM can still buy players but they can't register him. The talk was always that if he would go to AM they'd have to sort out a deal with another club to take Costa on loan until January 2018 if he was to play before then.

Scathing words from Ray Wilkins on the Matic sale:

"I am a Chelsea supporter. I buy my season tickets at Chelsea and I want to know whose educated decision that was to sell Nemanja Matic. He could absolutely cost Chelsea the league and give the reds the league."