• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, paulw66 said:

FWIW, and please take this with however much salt you want........I heard that a Chelsea fan ran into Bruce Buck on Saturday evening not far from the ground and questioned about the lack of signings / small squad etc.......his response, "we have got 5 deals almost done" (or words to that affect)

I hope he means incoming! 

If this is true, that would certainly go along way as far as forgiving them for the summer goes. 

If we sign five players in 17 days we've done exceptionally well. 

GURJ SS   
7 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I don't think we can afford to be that picky at this point in time. The time for talking about us buying world class players ended a few weeks back. 

Now we should just about take anyone.

Surely not anybodji!?

• Like 1

jangz   
5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

FWIW, and please take this with however much salt you want........I heard that a Chelsea fan ran into Bruce Buck on Saturday evening not far from the ground and questioned about the lack of signings / small squad etc.......his response, "we have got 5 deals almost done" (or words to that affect)

Haha stuff of dreams tbh.. I had planned to come SB this season around march.. (my pilgrimage after 19 years .. finally have enough time)if it happens I am booking my tickets today .. :)

10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Of course it's his opinion. Just like this post is your opinion. On a forum of opinions - that's pretty much what we're here for! There are very, very few absolutes.

Actually, those were largely facts I listed. Noone can argue with Costa's numbers last season, or his importance to the team. 

For what it's worth, here's my opinion: Costa is gone and won't be coming back. And you can find the blame for that wherever you want to look, in small and/or large portions.  And this newspaper article hasn't changed a thing. Imo, we all have a simple question to answer - do you back the player, or back the manager and the club? Up to you.

Why does anyone have to answer that question? What does any of that have to do with whether Costa is a great player, would be useful to us now, has devalued as a result of the handling of this situation, or even whether or not this should have been handled better by the persons who are paid a certain significant amount to avoid ugly moments like these?

I mean, here we are posting losses on our financial statements and we exile one of our most valuable assets and, therefore, cost the club something around 80 million pounds (estimated figure)? I dont have to blindly support the board and the manager to be a Chelsea supporter.

42 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I hope this is true. 

Maybe....Ox, Sergio Roberto/Rose, Drinkwater, Van Dijk and Llorente?

Edited by James Prescott

jangz   
13 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I hope this is true. 

Maybe....Ox, Sergio Roberto/Rose, Drinkwater, Van Dijk and Llorente?

Sandro Roberto ox and I am happy 

Ham   

Would Buck really tell a "random" such information? I'm somewhat dubious although I pray it's true. 

With Spurs upcoming is it too much to ask that those 5 players, to be announced by the end of the week, are Kane, Alli, Dier, Rose and Dembele? 

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Would Buck really tell a "random" such information? I'm somewhat dubious although I pray it's true. 

With Spurs upcoming is it too much to ask that those 5 players, to be announced by the end of the week, are Kane, Alli, Dier, Rose and Dembele? 

It does sound rather dubious.

Sky Sports: Chelsea expect Diego Costa to return to the club, train and be match fit as per the terms of his contract.

Costa is currently in Brazil and refusing to return to Chelsea, we don't need Sky to tell us he's in breach of contract. It's very clear who's the guilty party here. As he's in breach of contract. Chelsea would be within their rights to fine him or even sack him.

Edited by James Prescott

GURJ SS   
12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Random is our motto.

I'm hoping for more quality than those players, otherwise all we'll ever do is chase and never catch that silverware ;)