• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sky sports:

Conte described Matic as a "great loss" at last week's Premier League launch, and the transfer looks all the more questionable after his man-of-the-match display for Manchester United against West Ham. "I still can't believe Chelsea have let him go," said Sky Sportspundit Gary Neville on Sunday. "It just does not make sense."

JaneB   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

FWIW, and please take this with however much salt you want........I heard that a Chelsea fan ran into Bruce Buck on Saturday evening not far from the ground and questioned about the lack of signings / small squad etc.......his response, "we have got 5 deals almost done" (or words to that affect)

I hope he means incoming! 

I really want to believe this but maybe the key is "(or words to that effect)"

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Would Buck really tell a "random" such information? I'm somewhat dubious although I pray it's true. 

With Spurs upcoming is it too much to ask that those 5 players, to be announced by the end of the week, are Kane, Alli, Dier, Rose and Dembele? 

50 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Random is our motto.

I'm hoping for more quality than those players, otherwise all we'll ever do is chase and never catch that silverware ;)

Obviously Ham is being ironic but more quality than Kane (to name but one)?  I presume you must mean the previous five players mentioned.

GURJ SS   
27 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Obviously Ham is being ironic but more quality than Kane (to name but one)?  I presume you must mean the previous five players mentioned.

Higuain, Lewandowski, Icardi, Belotti, Suarez, Aguero. In my opinion they are goal scorers who bring something else to the team too, not knocking Kane, but if he doesn't score there's little else he does; which is why I think Spurs keep falling short.

JaneB   
5 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Higuain, Lewandowski, Icardi, Belotti, Suarez, Aguero. In my opinion they are goal scorers who bring something else to the team too, not knocking Kane, but if he doesn't score there's little else he does; which is why I think Spurs keep falling short.

I'm not being sarcastic when I say I bow to your superior knowledge on this, but Kane scored 29 premier league goals last season and 25 the season before, winning the golden boot both times. He might do 'little else' but who cares?  He does what it says on the tin.

BBC reporter Rory Smith on the radio saying the understanding at Chelsea is that this is Conte's last year at Chelsea - not because they want to let him go, but because he himself will go next year. Apparently his family still haven't moved here. He suggests that the club feel he sees himself only here for two-three years, and will then go, and this may be behind their reluctance to commit to his specific transfer targets.

Not saying I agree with this at all, but this was on the BBC today.

Zoowraa   
28 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

C'mon mate, your having a laugh with this! Completly ludicrous!

4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

BBC reporter Rory Smith on the radio saying the understanding at Chelsea is that this is Conte's last year at Chelsea - not because they want to let him go, but because he himself will go next year. Apparently his family still haven't moved here. He suggests that the club feel he sees himself only here for two-three years, and will then go, and this may be behind their reluctance to commit to his specific transfer targets.

Not saying I agree with this at all, but this was on the BBC today.

Seems legit.

If anyone would know it'd be a northern BBC reporter.

Not.

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

FWIW, and please take this with however much salt you want........I heard that a Chelsea fan ran into Bruce Buck on Saturday evening not far from the ground and questioned about the lack of signings / small squad etc.......his response, "we have got 5 deals almost done" (or words to that affect)

I hope he means incoming! 

Exactly and not caballero bakayoko Morata rudiger and ampadu

BlueFizz   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Seems legit.

If anyone would know it'd be a northern BBC reporter.

Not.

But Conte was interviewed talking about how pleased he was to have sorted out his family arrangements - and why does a club give a coach it knows is leaving in one year, a lucrative two year deal.

There is a growing determination in the media, it seems to me, to find and spread discord on all things relating to our club.