• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BlueFizz said:

But Conte was interviewed talking about how pleased he was to have sorted out his family arrangements - and why does a club give a coach it knows is leaving in one year, a lucrative two year deal.

There is a growing determination in the media, it seems to me, to find and spread discord on all things relating to our club.

And not for the first, or last I might add, time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our next three signings will probably be Papy Djilobodji, Mamy Djilobodji an' 'lil Baby Djilobodji...

Still, could have been Torres ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GURJ SS   
30 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'm not being sarcastic when I say I bow to your superior knowledge on this, but Kane scored 29 premier league goals last season and 25 the season before, winning the golden boot both times. He might do 'little else' but who cares?  He does what it says on the tin.

No doubt he is a great goal scorer, and flourishes in the right system; same as Lukaku, who does very well in a 4231. But we leave our striker all alone at times, we don't have a player right behind the striker, ready to link up and free the striker into the box; and I think most goal scorers in a 4231 will struggle, if goal scoring is only their thing. Like I said, not knocking Kane at all, but if isolated he's not the type of striker that will be able to have a go all alone(which is why Alli plays so close to him), where as someone like Morata can dribble his way out of trouble and into causing trouble for the other team; even dropping deep and providing genuine creativity for the overlapping players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GURJ SS   
22 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

C'mon mate, your having a laugh with this! Completly ludicrous!

Nope, and I think as the season goes on we will all realise how lucky we are to have a player in Morata's mould rather than Kane's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

And not for the first, or last I might add, time. 

There's an article in the Daily Mail today and the headline is "Azpillicueta hints at divisions in the Chelsea dressing room" , when you actually read the article there is not one mention however vague of divisions anywhere , not in their wildest dreams , nothing whatsoever.

But , they've managed to push their agenda again which is based upon getting us out of the way so United and City can deliver the season they promised.

There were eleven Chelsea related articles this morning , ten with a negative slant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoowraa   
20 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

No doubt he is a great goal scorer, and flourishes in the right system; same as Lukaku, who does very well in a 4231. But we leave our striker all alone at times, we don't have a player right behind the striker, ready to link up and free the striker into the box; and I think most goal scorers in a 4231 will struggle, if goal scoring is only their thing. Like I said, not knocking Kane at all, but if isolated he's not the type of striker that will be able to have a go all alone(which is why Alli plays so close to him), where as someone like Morata can dribble his way out of trouble and into causing trouble for the other team; even dropping deep and providing genuine creativity for the overlapping players.

 

19 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Nope, and I think as the season goes on we will all realise how lucky we are to have a player in Morata's mould rather than Kane's. 

I think your living in cloud cuckoo with this. Morata had half a game in England and we are already lucky to have him, rather than what Kane brings...............its just crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
31 minutes ago, The Fab 4 said:

Our next three signings will probably be Papy Djilobodji, Mamy Djilobodji an' 'lil Baby Djilobodji...

Still, could have been Torres ;-) 

Ha ha!!!

Indeed it could have and we all know what happened.

But I've never felt any ill will towards Torres, felt sorry for him more than anything......unlike another 'Spanish' striker who is behaving appallingly.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane is class. Hate them, hate him but he's absolute class. Just turned 24 and only going to get better.

He will be the best striker in the world at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

But Conte was interviewed talking about how pleased he was to have sorted out his family arrangements - and why does a club give a coach it knows is leaving in one year, a lucrative two year deal.

There is a growing determination in the media, it seems to me, to find and spread discord on all things relating to our club.

The club wouldn't know for certain he was leaving in a year. That's not what the journo said. Indeed, I think Chelsea want him to stay for longer, I think they wanted a four year contract for him, but then to everyone's surprise he didn't sign an extension, but only signed a deal on increased wages for two years. 

Maybe Chelsea offered him longer and he refused - hence, maybe, the club's suspicion he'll only stay one or two more years. 

Who knows.

But in recent weeks I've begun to sense Conte will go next summer of his own volition - it fits with his history, and IMO unless we have a season like two years ago, Chelsea won't sack him, I don't think they want to. Emenalo was on record last year as saying they'd like him to stay for a long time. 

But I've also come to see the way the structure of the club is set up, we continue to have major success despite changing managers quite often. We're the most successful British club since Roman took over in terms of trophies, despite changing managers, so the club clearly believe there is a structure which works - and the head coach is one element of that, and as long as they are of sufficient quality, then it's not necessarily dependent on keeping one coach at the club. After all, most big European clubs change coaches every 2-3 years anyway now. 

If Conte leaves I'll be sad as I love the guy and he's a great manager, I hope he stays for longer. But I'm confident if he goes we'll replace him and continue being successful Chelsea have done pretty well in choosing their managers since Roman came overall. Jose, Conte, Carlo, Hiddink (first time), Di Matteo, even Rafa did well in his short time here. 

It's just sad as I wanted Conte to stay for a long time.

Still, we still have this season with him. 

I just wish the board were better and quicker on signings and backed whoever the manager is, in the second season, not just their first or title winning season. That's my big beef with the board.

Rumours about signings picking up today - hope we can bring some quality players in this week if possible, before the Spurs game. If we got Ox for example, he could slot straight into CM against Spurs and do a great job. 

Edited by James Prescott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

But Conte was interviewed talking about how pleased he was to have sorted out his family arrangements - and why does a club give a coach it knows is leaving in one year, a lucrative two year deal.

There is a growing determination in the media, it seems to me, to find and spread discord on all things relating to our club.

That's one way of looking at it... a paranoid way, mind you. An alternative take is that "bad news" sells better than good news. The possibility of Conte leaving (be it because we haven't bought the players he wants or his family haven't settled or whatever) makes for a more 'interesting' story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now