• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sea foot   
2 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

It would indeed.

And perhaps that's why so many of us get 'the hump' about transfers (he-he-he).

Boom boom!

1 minute ago, BlueFizz said:

But the reality is, now they're online they have to keep resetting the click bait with new headlines throughout the day (now almost a 24-hour cycle) and this is doubly so for those with Paywalls around them - of which The Times is one.

Yes and that makes them 10 times as vulnerable to the PR companies and government agencies (and football agents) who feed them nice stories - write something I don't like and you are 12 hours late with the next big stories.

3 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Would this be called the Bactrian effect?

:)

29 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really - not my impression at all.  I thought the first 10 mins were very poor for us.  And even the second half we looked poor until Burnley sat right back and just counter-attacked.  True we did have a lot of possession then, but no more chances than they had.  Remember they hit the post too.

I do agree that we were awful for the first 30 mins after the red card (and the scoreline reflected that).  And a lot better in the 2nd half.  But better with 9 men?  No.

Actually, I think the reason we played so badly was owing to Bats unfortuantly as he was so ineffective it was like playing with 10 men before Cahill got sent off and 9 men after. Additionally, as soon as he went off and Morata came on we pretty much instantaneously got on top.

xCELERYx   
8 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Actually, I think the reason we played so badly was owing to Bats unfortuantly as he was so ineffective it was like playing with 10 men before Cahill got sent off and 9 men after. Additionally, as soon as he went off and Morata came on we pretty much instantaneously got on top.

Michy wasn't great by any stretch, however let's not forget the service (or lack of) that he got. The majority of balls played into him were that which were perfectly suited for a Morata type of forward who can play more with back to goal and contest in the air. That's not an excuse for the number of poor first touches Michy did have when he get service to feet, but it certainly pays to keep in mind we were playing a brand of football largely ill-suited to that which a striker like Batshuayi excels in. 

It is however just one game, in a tough environment. The season is long and I'm sure both forwards will have their moments throughout the year. 

11 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Yes and Boga didn't contribute much when he was on.
But possession will always go to the losing team when one side is sitting on a 3-0 lead - especially in the last 30 mins which coincides with when Morata came on and Bats departed.

7 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Agreed

Thought he would take the opportunity Conte gave him. However it looks like he will be farmed out for a season. 

Imagine what the opposition would be thinking if Conte named Morata and Costa in his match day squad. 

Remember this is Chelsea and its alledged that Costa has been told to report to Cobham. 

Sea foot   
2 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

It would indeed.

And perhaps that's why so many of us get 'the hump' about transfers (he-he-he).

Boom boom!

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Not sure as to why, but the club make 40.91% of our signing AFTER the season has begun. 

Here's a breakdown in comparison with the rest of the league. 

http://www.squawka.com/news/when-can-you-expect-your-club-to-make-signings-in-the-transfer-window/971824?amp-on

Interesting. So it is not bias when we say that Chelsea sign players later than everyone else. It's actually facts. 

Thanks a lot of the link. Quite a big difference ember web us and Spurs and the rest of the league. 

Very interesting. 

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Thanks a lot of the link. Quite a big difference ember web us and Spurs and the rest of the league. 

Yes interesting.

What do Spurs and us have in common?
Perhaps it is signing players only when bigger clubs have had first dibs on them?
Or perhaps a board/buying team that concentrates on buying talent but who need to see the bench on day 1 before they realise how short the team is of adults.

53 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Michy wasn't great by any stretch, however let's not forget the service (or lack of) that he got. The majority of balls played into him were that which were perfectly suited for a Morata type of forward who can play more with back to goal and contest in the air. That's not an excuse for the number of poor first touches Michy did have when he get service to feet, but it certainly pays to keep in mind we were playing a brand of football largely ill-suited to that which a striker like Batshuayi excels in. 

It is however just one game, in a tough environment. The season is long and I'm sure both forwards will have their moments throughout the year. 

That is partly the problem though. Bats is ill suited to the type of game we play as he is best suited to smashing in balls that are in front of goal and following up parried chances. In other words he is pretty much a finisher and that is it. This consequently means that he is only every going to be a 2/3rd choice striker as we cannot carry him and/or he is going to require a 2nd striker longside him. This is also why he seems decent when he comes off the bench as games are more streched at that point.

53 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes and Boga didn't contribute much when he was on.
But possession will always go to the losing team when one side is sitting on a 3-0 lead - especially in the last 30 mins which coincides with when Morata came on and Bats departed.

Of course that is true but equally true is that before he came on the Burnley defence did not have to move.

51 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Agreed

Thought he would take the opportunity Conte gave him. However it looks like he will be farmed out for a season. 

Imagine what the opposition would be thinking if Conte named Morata and Costa in his match day squad. 

Remember this is Chelsea and its alledged that Costa has been told to report to Cobham. 

Yeah, Costa and Morata together would be amazing. However, 1) Costa is never coming back and 2) I cannot see us playing 2 up front. 

Edited by Conte Kante