• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes interesting.

What do Spurs and us have in common?
Perhaps it is signing players only when bigger clubs have had first dibs on them?
Or perhaps a board/buying team that concentrates on buying talent but who need to see the bench on day 1 before they realise how short the team is of adults.

We have nothing in common to Spurs when it comes to buying players. 

Weve got different strategies altogether and we spend way more than them. Spurs aren't even fighting with us, Liverpool, Arsenal, City and United when it comes to buying players. 

They buy at a different level of the market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

We have nothing in common to Spurs when it comes to buying players. 

Weve got different strategies altogether and we spend way more than them. Spurs aren't even fighting with us, Liverpool, Arsenal, City and United when it comes to buying players. 

They buy at a different level of the market. 

Agreed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Maybe, but The Times is one of the oldest newspapers in the world, it kinda has a reputation to uphold, who employ serious journalists, not tabloid fiction writers. I doubt they'd make up anything. One of the few newspapers/sources I'd trust. 

Mate, the age of The Times has little to do with anything - maybe it did once, but now the only timeline that really matters is how long  it's been since Murdoch  bought it. And they'll make up whatever and as much as the Dirty Digger tells them to make up - sorry to destroy the illusion James, but The Times is just as trashy and untrustworthy as any tabloid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueFizz   
21 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Mate, the age of The Times has little to do with anything - maybe it did once, but now the only timeline that really matters is how long  it's been since Murdoch  bought it. And they'll make up whatever and as much as the Dirty Digger tells them to make up - sorry to destroy the illusion James, but The Times is just as trashy and untrustworthy as any tabloid. 

They're all awful.

The Mail has dug out an obviously lighthearted Morata comment (I think it originated on Instagram) that his team mates were digging him out/killing him in good humour for missing the pen in the Charity Shield. They've basically reinterpreted this to suggest being at Chelsea is already killing.

The story they all really, really want to happen is Chelsea dump Conte and invite Costa back into the fold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Fair chance, would be my bet. 

By the way - The Times is owned by bastion of accurate reporting and journalistic integrity, Rupert Murdoch, isn't it?  :).

Indeed it is Michael and James has already been reminded of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Maybe, but The Times is one of the oldest newspapers in the world, it kinda has a reputation to uphold, who employ serious journalists, not tabloid fiction writers. I doubt they'd make up anything. One of the few newspapers/sources I'd trust. The others would be The Telegraph, BBC, Evening Standard. They've all proved pretty accurate historically.

Sky used to be pretty reliable, but have become more sensational recently. They still get it right once in a while. So do some of the tabloids, but it's on/off and I don't 100% trust them.

Absolute Hogwash. It's a News International pile of tat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Absolute Hogwash. It's a News International pile of tat.

Simple rule of thumb is that if you know about any sector in depth, including CFC, you know the media are lying to you - or at least are presenting what they are told by PR firms, government agencies and certain active individuals as fact without having the ability (or in most cases the interest to check it out).
And if you don't understand a sector or issue in detail, most people still think they are being lied to, they just can't be sure which are the lies and which are the accidental truths.
That is what Brexit and Trump was all about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news....photos released today of Bakayoko and Hazard in full training. 

Looks like Hazard might be match fit for Leicester game in about 4 weeks. 

Bakayoko could be on the bench against Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueFizz   
6 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Good news....photos released today of Bakayoko and Hazard in full training. 

Looks like Hazard might be match fit for Leicester game in about 4 weeks. 

Bakayoko could be on the bench against Spurs.

Good news indeed. I am very confident that with the right coaching (which he'll get) Bakyoko will purge the memory of Matic - who seems to have acquired 'worlds best player' status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jones   
4 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Good news indeed. I am very confident that with the right coaching (which he'll get) Bakyoko will purge the memory of Matic - who seems to have acquired 'worlds best player' status.

Agree. We could have used Matic this season, but he was the weakest link of last season's first XI and Bakayoko clearly has the attributes to be a lot better for us.

United have gotten a player they needed, but let's be honest, if they did not buy Matic from us they would have bought another similar player to fill that need instead. There are multiple holding midfielders of Matic' quality. Maybe better that we cashed in on United's desperation than someone else? Most fans would bite their hands off to change Matic for Bakayoko two months ago. What has changed since then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now