• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I'm tired of us being "interested", "in talks", "in advanced talks" or "close to a move for" players.

We need actual signings confirmed. Like, yesterday. 

40 minutes ago, The Fab 4 said:

Good to see that we're still putting the feelers out for potential deals....like others have said, concerned about putting all our eggs in one basket in players such as Sandro. Short term, we could do with a couple in to raise spirits and show board is reacting to problems...perhaps deadline day we can nick a bargain or two also ;-) 

Are these feelers plan B, C, D or Z?

4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I'm tired of us being "interested", "in talks", "in advanced talks" or "close to a move for" players.

They're in the post....really...for sure....

GURJ SS   
2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

We've really put ourselves in a bad position, and that's just something we will have to face. We've not only sold or let go of players before securing deals, but we've also loaned out all of our plan B.

Our board has done some shrewd business recently, but there's a huge chance it will all be undone with these last few signings, clubs know we are desperate; get ready for some extortionate fees, actually clubs have probably added £10M onto their asking price because of our situation.

15 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Are these feelers plan B, C, D or Z?

You know as well as I do.

We're Chelsea....

What's a plan? 😁 

11 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Our board has done some shrewd business recently, but there's a huge chance it will all be undone with these last few signings, clubs know we are desperate; get ready for some extortionate fees, actually clubs have probably added £10M onto their asking price because of our situation.

I think that we have done some great business, but I'm not sure why that'd all be 'undone' because some clubs may jack top their prices for the odd player? If we pay a little more for a player, or two, what difference does it make?

The press are so desperate for stories that with a few hours of us slapping in an opening bid we are now apparently close to signing Cedric. Can't make their mind up.

Oh and expect them to pick up on this trash which will snowball and be repeated non stop for the next two weeks.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/841599/Manchester-City-Chelsea-Eden-Hazard-Transfer-News-Pep-Guardiola-Arsenal-Alexis-Sanchez-New

Expecting the customary three way battle for his signature reports by friday

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

I think that we have done some great business, but I'm not sure why that'd all be 'undone' because some clubs may jack top their prices for the odd player? If we pay a little more for a player, or two, what difference does it make?

Because I don't think it'll be a little more. Where we could have thrown £5-10M at getting our targets earlier, we will probably be facing figures that are £10-20M higher now. We have sat at the poker table for far too long, and we've been left with no hand. So where we saved £10M on Baka, we'll probably end up paying £15M more for someone else, overall when it comes to balance the books, it won't matter who we got at cut price or who we paid over the odds for; the result will be a negative one due to us making amateur errors.

32 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Because I don't think it'll be a little more. Where we could have thrown £5-10M at getting our targets earlier, we will probably be facing figures that are £10-20M higher now. We have sat at the poker table for far too long, and we've been left with no hand. So where we saved £10M on Baka, we'll probably end up paying £15M more for someone else, overall when it comes to balance the books, it won't matter who we got at cut price or who we paid over the odds for; the result will be a negative one due to us making amateur errors.

You don't 'think', but then you don't 'know'. You're simply throwing imaginary figures around to make an argument. Thanks all the same, but I'll wait and see.