• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

James what has been our net spend since Ra took over?.Do you expect him to blindly shell out year in year out without audit?.We have done very well under his ownership do you not think?

Roman isn't paying for our transfers. Chelsea FC are however. 

synavm   

Wenger seems to have opened up the possibility of Oxlade Chamberlain and Alexis Sanchez leaving. Should be going all in for both IMO whilst targeting Sanches from Bayern on loan.

Dingus   
49 minutes ago, synavm said:

Wenger seems to have opened up the possibility of Oxlade Chamberlain and Alexis Sanchez leaving. Should be going all in for both IMO whilst targeting Sanches from Bayern on loan.

Leaving next season perhaps on free transfers... Not a chance they leave this summer. He's risking it all on them getting back in the CL and is prepared to lose the money lost in transfers to stick to his morals.

18 hours ago, Rob B said:

They are.

I said on here a week ago, that anyone expecting us to announce anyone in the next fortnight is going to be disappointed.

It will go down to the final 5-6 days.  

Well, the final 5-6 days falls within a fortnight so there is that!

17 hours ago, Dingus said:

But the question is why? Why do we always leave it so late in the window to conclude our dealings?

The clubs with the players we're interested in know our situation so can take us to the cleaners regarding fees and then when we go back with a no thank you, we end up with the Djilobodji's of this world.

Where is the logic in this way of operating?

Brinkmanship, playing on desperation of club and/or player, and trying to save a buck. It's pretty ludicrous but you see it every year. 

16 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Have we signed Vidal and Nainngolan or something? Matuidi would start for us alongside Kante.

Yes, you would think Matuidi would start and Bakayoko eased in, with Cesc offering an alternative. Ultimately I think his age was a factor for us. 

16 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Pasalic - spent time on loan at Elche, Monaco and then Milan, making more and more appearances in top level competitions with every loan, even got senior caps for country; now: Spartak Moscow.

I think Pasalic was always one for the loan army. Doubt he'll ever play for us. 

16 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

It's strange logic, but the club would rather spend money on squad players whilst loaning out the best young players in the hope that loans make them into first XI contenders. Which comes from managers not trusting young players. If players 18-24 are young players they won't be used and waste a year of development. If players 18-24 are adults with 150 top league appearances they are genuine squad members.

Christensen has seemingly made the leap. Without a change in the club and/or manager's philosophy we'll have to be lucky with loans to get any more genuine squad members out of the academy.

Unfortunately it seems like the best young players go on loan to maximise their value for when we sell them.

Christensen being the exception...so far. 

14 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Personally, I believe that given time, Christensen, Luis and Rudiger will keep Cahill out of the team - lovely guy but no JT imho.

Yeah, I think it will be sooner rather than later, especially since Cahill relies on his physical attributes and those may fall away soon seeing as he's 32 later this year. 

12 hours ago, jones said:

We have been trying to hedge our bets, hence the handful different RWBs we are reportedly after. The fact that there has been so few LWBs under consideration indicate we still believe the Sandro deal is possible. Which we wouldn't have unless his agent or another representative kept it alive. I wouldn't put my house on it, but I still expect us to get him. We are waiting for a transfer request, the nail in the coffin for a contract renewal, and Juventus eventually accepting our gigantic bid. His agent has played the game magnificently, and is sitting with all the good cards. Sandro is going to get a good deal, and the ones with the deepest pockets is not Juventus.

I really don't think Juve will sell. If they were going to, it would have been earlier in the window when they would have had the chance to reinvest. I don't see such a huge deal being concluded in the final days of the window.

I'll be very happy to be wrong. 

Rob B   
42 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Well, the final 5-6 days falls within a fortnight so there is that!

It wasn't a fortnight a week ago when I made the statement though, and that was the point I was trying to make. 

At the time there were 3 weeks left of the window and I said I didn't expect anything over the following fortnight. 

Whilst I'm here, I'm still not buying the whole Van Djik, Ox, Sandro not for sale noises.  When does a club ever come out and say otherwise?  They'll all go this window if the right money is put up. If it isn't, they won't. 

Edited by Rob B

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Some people have short memories,

It was not that long ago Mr Roman bailed out the previous Chelsea FC, when they had a business model of borrowing money, for Stadium development, player recruitment etc. which backfired. Do we want to go back down that road again?

We all owe a lot to the Jesper Grønkjær goal

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Surely Roman and Chelsea FC are one and the same? Just like Clark Kent and Superman.....you can't have one without the other......

Just read Leciester think drinkwater is woth the same money as Matic - They can F.R.O

how many international caps, domestic cups and league medals has drinkwater won?

9 hours ago, James Prescott said:

To be fair, apparently we just offered £72 million for Sandro and it was turned down. And Conte is allegedly "furious".

Thats more than we allegedly offered for 20 goals a season Lukaku. I know the Cronies are mad, however they are not insane

I might be interesting if we do not buy anymore players. It will certainly test the coaching ability if Conte has to use younger players.

13 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

It will certainly test the coaching ability if Conte has to use younger players.

Do we have any 'younger players' left?