• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

So despite being under contract to Chelsea, who request, rightly, that under contract he is expected to be training at Cobham, making himself match fit and in contention for selection as any other player, Diego Costa has now released a statement saying he will refuse to do so.

He also says "I must return to Athletico"

So demanding Chelsea do exactly as he says, even though he is under contract to them - not the other way around. And honestly, I don't buy that "I wanted to stay at Chelsea" crap for one second.

Chelsea could literally sack him for breach of contract right now. I don't care what anyone says, there's no defending that guy - he is refusing to meet the obligations of his contract, demanding the club do as he wishes, and trying to pin the blame for the whole situation on the club whilst lying about the whole facts - which are, he was told he was leaving in January. 

There is no defending this. If I didn't show up to work when a company asked me to under contract, I'd be sacked, and rightly so. The only reason he's not being sacked is because of his financial value to the club. 

Edited by James Prescott

For what it's worth, on transfers, I do think we'll ultimately get the 3/4 players we need. I just think we'll leave it till the last minute like last season (and the one before). 

Chelsea apparently sign the highest percentage of players after the season starts (even more than Spurs). 

If we get some late deals which work out like Luiz and Alonso, then there's no problem with that. We just don't need more Dilibodji's that's all. I doubt we'll get those type of deals again however - we need players good enough to start in our first team, we're looking for first choice WBs and a CM good enough to start at least 20 games for us if necessary.

I'm also pretty sure names will come out last minute to surprise us. City's bid for Evans is a little like that - but apparently has been being worked on for weeks without the media knowing. 

I just hope we're close on some good deals which the media have no idea about. 

paulw66   
41 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Personally I'm quite prepared for a disastrous season by our own yardstick. Right now I can see us competing for 4-7th position in the league. 

I think you said the same this time last year :-)

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think you said the same this time last year :-)

Well sure - but we had a much bigger squad last year. This year we don't even have a squad. We have a first XI.

If you think me being wrong last year automatically means I'm wrong this year I think you may be in for a surprise. 

14 days to try and save our season as far as I'm concerned. We don't even have enough players to focus on both the PL and CL. What's the point in qualifying if we have no chance to perform? 

kratos   
43 minutes ago, Dingus said:

He can go back to AM, if AM pay a fee that we find acceptable. If not then he can continue his self exile, get fat and kiss goodbye to his last chance at playing in a world cup.

Plus we will take him to cleaners financially.

Game on Diego.

Edited by kratos

15 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

What's the point in qualifying for the CL, if we have no chance to perform? 

I've been asking Arsene the same question for the last 18 years.

Ka-boom-tish. 

6 minutes ago, kratos said:

He can go back to AM, if AM pay a fee that we find acceptable. If not then he can continue his self exile, get fat and kiss goodbye to his last chance at playing in a world cup.

Plus we will take him to cleaners financially.

Game on Diego.

Indeed... I recall Adrian Mutu thinking he could win a court case against us for 'unfair dismissal'

jangz   

This boy Costa is not the smartest now is he.. or his advisors.. he does realize that Chelsea will never release him for free and can keep fining him for all they care. I dont think RA likes to be bullied.

His plan it seems is to create unrest but by behaving unprofessionally I doubt he will win any support in the dressing room.

kratos   
2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Indeed... I recall Adrian Mutu thinking he could win a court case against us for 'unfair dismissal'

Good memory Bob. We will not have a player dictate terms to this club.