• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

GURJ SS   
13 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Juve's CEO just came out and said Sandro has asked to stay at Juve. That's over.

Time to focus on Rose or Bertrand for LWB. Surely we can get one of those. 

In my opinion, we have the 3rd best LWB in football, I'd only put Sandro and Marcelo ahead of Alonso. Now, I'm sure people will name players who are faster and dribble better than Alonso, but he'll kill them in every other part of the game; it frustrates me that Alonso isn't even just a tad bit quicker over a long distance, but I still think he is massively underrated and under appreciated. I say we go for a player with a decent fee, that will provide some level of competition but will understand if they don't get picked.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

In my opinion, we have the 3rd best LWB in football, I'd only put Sandro and Marcelo ahead of Alonso. Now, I'm sure people will name players who are faster and dribble better than Alonso, but he'll kill them in every other part of the game; it frustrates me that Alonso isn't even just a tad bit quicker over a long distance, but I still think he is massively underrated and under appreciated. I say we go for a player with a decent fee, that will provide some level of competition but will understand if they don't get picked.

Telles would look like that player to me on paper. Admit not seen much of him but stats are great for last season. Left footed, on our radar before Porto according to agent, buy out clause so easily gettable, wouldn't demand to start and could potentially overtake Alonso, more of an attacking option so some variety there. Agree that Alonso has been outstanding and solid but we need another left footed option in that position. Think Telles is available for £26m ish and there would be less wrangli g if we meet the clause. Cancelao if that's his name looks good but believe he is right footed and off to Inter.

Edited by Lump Of Celery

1 hour ago, GURJ SS said:

Don't know about third best but agree he's underrated...chips in with a couple of goals and uses the ball well...unfortunately pace is an important  asset in the position he occupies whether its helping in attack or snuffing out attackers...

But deserves more recognition for what he does well, imo

Edit: would still look at Ricardo Pereira...very different to Alonso but quick and tricky. Off the back of an excellent season

Edited by The Fab 4

kratos   
41 minutes ago, hallgalley said:

I've heard things about this lad. Not has high profile as a Drinkwater but still might be worth a punt 😂

Zidane   

Latest rumour is that Chelsea are closely monitoring the situation in the South China Sea. 

51 minutes ago, cii99mn1 said:

Can he play wingback?

I'm sure Conte could convert him into a ball-playing centre back!

I remember way back (I'm old ) us being linked with Johann Cruyff.