• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

BlueFizz   
4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Maybe I am better than that. I'm just angry at the club. If we had a stronger squad, then we might not need more players, and if that were the case I'd be fine with that.

But right now to have a basic, quality squad, we need about 4 more players to be really competitive in four competitions this season. And Conte, Cahill and Dave have all publicly spoken out about our squad being too small and inexperienced. 

And the board seem to be silent, and happy for us to go through the season with this squad. 

It's just sad for the club I love to keep talking about their ambition, but not backing it up with actions, and not giving us the chance to reach our potential as a club, is just tragic and painful.

There's definitely more important things than football - but it's definitely frustrating to see us in this situation and the club not seeming to care.

Hey

We're all either angry, bemused, irritated, frustrated or losing our innate optimistic confidence with every day - I'm in the last camp.

But, seriously, as this is a forum of 'friends' (in the sense that we presumably share the same interest in Chelsea and hopes for the club) I do wonder whether 'venting' your anger so often and vociferously helps you.

I'm not being ironic or sarcastic at all, here. I had anger/anxiety problems for years and a key to stopping them was resisting the temptation to indulge in 'reinforcing behaviours' - e.g when angry, do not continuously express the anger - tolerate the feeling, do nothing, it will subside.

Again, I stress, this is a fellow Chelsea fan expressing genuine concern for another - not a joke, not facetious. my comment comes from the heart.

• Like 2

I'd say we need more than four in reality. 

GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

DF: Azpilcueta, Christensen, Luiz, Rudiger, Cahill

WB: Alonso, Moses, New RWBNew LWB

CM: Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas, New CM

AM: Hazard, Willian, Pedro, New AM, Musonda Jr. 

S: Morata, New S, Batshuayi 

One could even argue that would be the bare minimum one should find acceptable. There's an argument to have 22 senior outfielders - I.e two more taking the total up to seven new players. 

Optimally it should perhaps be seven, bare minimum five with the most likely scenario for me right now being one or two new players. That would mean we'd end up with 16-17 senior outfielders. Last season we started out with 19 (incl Chalobah). 

BlueFizz   
1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I'd say we need more than four in reality. 

GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

DF: Azpilcueta, Christensen, Luiz, Rudiger, Cahill

WB: Alonso, Moses, New RWBNew LWB

CM: Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas, New CM

AM: Hazard, Willian, Pedro, New AM, Musonda Jr. 

S: Morata, New S, Batshuayi 

One could even argue that would be the bare minimum one should find acceptable. There's an argument to have 22 senior outfielders - I.e two more taking the total up to seven new players. 

Optimally it should perhaps be seven, bare minimum five with the most likely scenario for me right now being one or two new players. That would mean we'd end up with 16-17 senior outfielders. Last season we started out with 19 (incl Chalobah). 

I think we'll get three, not sure why I arrive at that number.

I'd say one new WB, one CM and possibly a forward.

As I type it I realise I'll probably be 100% wrong on the positions - but feel confident that three will come.

29 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Obviously my point was badly made, because I meant to say exactly what you say above!

Oh perhaps I just didn't understand the analogy then! We seem to agree:)

3 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

I think we'll get three, not sure why I arrive at that number.

I'd say one new WB, one CM and possibly a forward.

As I type it I realise I'll probably be 100% wrong on the positions - but feel confident that three will come.

Well I certainly hope you'll be less wrong then me! But please let you be wrong as the club surprises us all on deadline day with five new players lined up next to a grinning Conte. 

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

I know I am going to get criticism for this but I do find it odd that footballers cannot pick where they want to work (especially when it involves having to live in countries that they do not oringinate from). For instance, if my employer told me I had to go and work in Russia because they were being given lots of money to buy my contract, I would tell them f*** off. 

I certainly think that the Costa situation, along with the stupid prices clubs are paying for ordinary players (forget the £200m for Neymar; Sigurdsson is decent enough, but £45m???) may yet get the ball rolling toward seeing the end of transfers altogether. The Bosman ruling, far from being a final act in 'player freedom' was just a catalyst. It will be a while yet, but as you say, in what other industry are employees traded in this way?

BlueFizz   
8 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Oh perhaps I just didn't understand the analogy then! We seem to agree:)

Well I certainly hope you'll be less wrong then me! But please let you be wrong as the club surprises us all on deadline day with five new players lined up next to a grinning Conte. 

Bellotti, Verratti, Sandro and a couple of other duds!

A grinning Conte who has bleached his hair Bakayoko style - the price Roman demanded for compliance with his requests.

There should be more of that at Chelsea - Roman going a bit Caligula and demanding bonkers behaviour from his minions imo.

BlueFizz   
2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I certainly think that the Costa situation, along with the stupid prices clubs are paying for ordinary players (forget the £200m for Neymar; Sigurdsson is decent enough, but £45m???) may yet get the ball rolling toward seeing the end of transfers altogether. The Bosman ruling, far from being a final act in 'player freedom' was just a catalyst. It will be a while yet, but as you say, in what other industry are employees traded in this way?

I think you're right  - although another way of seeing transfers is that clubs 'compensate' each other for concluding a player's contract prematurely. Looked at that way it's a bit less of a 'flesh trade'.

3 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

I think you're right  - although another way of seeing transfers is that clubs 'compensate' each other for concluding a player's contract prematurely. Looked at that way it's a bit less of a 'flesh trade'.

The players also have the security of earning millions for a set number of years and the bonus of a huge signing on fee and higher wages if they leave on a free transfer. Maybe it would make sense if every player had a buy out clause or if transfers were calculated on a multiple of wages or buying out contracts so that if players were rated by clubs they would be paid accordingly eg Juve claim Sandro is indispensable yet they 'only' pay him £60k a week and we are willing to offer him better terms than they are willing to renew him on.

Juni   

Would be surprised if Chelsea manage to bring in more than 2 players actually capable of helping them.

Sea foot   
37 minutes ago, Juni said:

Would be surprised if Chelsea manage to bring in more than 2 players actually capable of helping them.

Us, surely.