• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, bert19 said:

Belotti ;-)

2 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Verrati ;-)

Its probably Alphabetti Spaghetti...

(...but hopefully its Bellotti on the menu)

Bellissimo tutto Fantastico...and all that jazz 🎺 🎺 

Kezza   
9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

No, I don't believe that it is. Here's a novel idea - why don't you and the rest wait until the window closes before you praise/condemn 'the people in charge'? Then at least, you'll actually know who the club has bought, and who it hasn't. Just a thought

Then maybe we should lock this transfer thread. The purpose of aa transfer thread is for freedom of others to express their opinions good and bad.

13 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Then maybe we should lock this transfer thread. The purpose of aa transfer thread is for freedom of others to express their opinions good and bad.

Or move it to a place where nobody can find it as was done with the Mourinho thread.

2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

His future at Juve wasn't really "in the air", hence why I didn't mention it. He was sold to Juve and part of that deal was that Madrid could buy him back for specific prices within two years. They exercised this option because Juve weren't prepared to pay more to by him outright as it wasn't deemed value for money at the time. Had nothing to do with Juve not wanting to develop him.

Morata himself is on record stating that everyone knew Real would exercise the option basically throughout his second season at Juve and that it was difficult in that period as he didn't know what the future held for him - would Real keep him or look to sell him on at a nice profit... 

Doesnt take too much imagination to consider what that realisation may have meant in potential playing time at Juve once it was known. 

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

Yes. and just because certain people don't like that, is totally irrelevant. We're all entitled to our opinions - and because they're opinions, they can change. Nobody sticks to exactly the same opinion on literally everything their entire lives. 

Right now, the board are just being ridiculous playing this stupid waiting game and putting money above having the squad we need to win things. And even if we DO get players, it's still a legitimate criticism that we have left it this late, WHATEVER happens now.

The criticism I have is that we've left it this late, when this should have been done a month ago. Even if we get players now, that criticism is still relevant. It worked last year (we were lucky), the year before it got us Hector and Dilibodji. 

I don't care if we sign Ronaldo, Messi, Veratti, Sandro, and Van Dijk before the window closes, the point is we shouldn't have left it this late. And that criticism is legitmate, and deserved. The board bear full responsibility for it, and will do whoever we sign.

The Vardy stories seem to be gathering pace. Personally I'd take him in a heartbeat. Fits perfectly with our style of play, a hard worker and grafter which Conte loves, huge pace, English, proven in the PL and would be the perfect compliment to Morata, with Hazard just behind. Also his age leaves a space for Tammy Abraham to come into after a couple of years PL experience. 

Will it happen? Not a clue. But would be a shrewd signing for me.

12 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

No, I don't believe that it is. Here's a novel idea - why don't you and the rest wait until the window closes before you praise/condemn 'the people in charge'? Then at least, you'll actually know who the club has bought, and who it hasn't. Just a thought

You have been harping on about patience for the entire window and now, at the end of a pretty disappointing window, you're still at the point where you think it matters if we sign 3 or 4 new players at the end of the window having seemingly missed out on (arguably) all of our top targets. Great. Good luck convincing me otherwise.

The Premier League champions shouldn't lose 2 of its starters and head into the season with a paper thin squad then scramble 3-4 transfers over the line and suddenly rectify everything. Nope.. Not in the slightest. So you can kindly keep that thought about waiting all to yourself if its all well and good to be perfectly honest.

• Like 4

France Football reporting Barca want Willian.

If we can get £50-60 million for him and use it to get Sanchez, I'd take that straightaway. If we can't replace him, then no way. But very tempting I admit.

jones   
5 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

France Football reporting Barca want Willian.

If we can get £50-60 million for him and use it to get Sanchez, I'd take that straightaway. If we can't replace him, then no way. But very tempting I admit.

Not for me. Hard-working, dependable and skilful player. We don't need to sell, we need to buy.

JaneB   
26 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

The Vardy stories seem to be gathering pace. Personally I'd take him in a heartbeat. Fits perfectly with our style of play, a hard worker and grafter which Conte loves, huge pace, English, proven in the PL and would be the perfect compliment to Morata, with Hazard just behind. Also his age leaves a space for Tammy Abraham to come into after a couple of years PL experience. 

Will it happen? Not a clue. But would be a shrewd signing for me.

I'm sure you're right in everything you say but don't like the guy or his publicity hungry wife.  Hopefully they are running out of players to link with a move to Chelsea and it was just his turn.