• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39 minutes ago, Vinod said:

It was always gonna happen considering coefficients were not being used this time. Then again, if coefficients were being used, we would probably be in Pot 3.

Rock, Hard place, cfc

No. 

We would have been one of the top teams in pot 2. 

Vinod   
2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

No. 

We would have been one of the top teams in pot 2. 

There is no seeding within a pot

Vinod   

Apparently Barca have agreed 150 million Euros deal for Dembele. Wonder what will be price of Dybala and Griezmann now.

bert19   

I just read that Leon Goretzka only has one year left on his deal at Schalke - wonder if he'd be worth a punt?  Looks a very good player.

32 minutes ago, Vinod said:

There is no seeding within a pot

Yes I'm fully aware of that. 

You said we'd have been in pot 3. I say that's incorrect. We were the ninth placed team according to the 'real' seeding coefficients. So that places us as the second team in pot 2. In other words quite far from being a pot 3 candidate. 

"Personally I want him to commit and be the carrier of our values in the future. I know every bid we have, but the best is for us to focus on Sunday’s game.” - Wenger on Ox.

He's suggesting they have a bid for Ox which they haven't refused yet - but they still can't confirm he's staying, and still haven't said he's not for sale. They've said they'd like to keep him.

To me, it seems we've bid for Ox, and they are trying to persuade him to stay. If they don't, he'll go. Possibly to us. 

Kezza   
2 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Yep, they missed out on Griezzman and Persic, two of their key targets. Great job. 

They were always going to resign Zlatan given his commerical value and performances last year.  It's not just our fans who are frustrated with their clubs board.

It means more bench time for Martial and Rashford. All good.

Sea foot   

I say that we should unsettle Everton and put in an offer they can't refuse for Davies