• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

We're 4/5 players under strength with 5 days of the window to go.

Forget the speculation, that's a fact. 

Which probably means the deals are done and the selling clubs are looking for replacements before any official anouncements

Who knows - there could be a "Carlos Kick-a-ball" thrown in the mix :0)

For me I agree with James re the board, they have left it very very late and although we may still look back after window closes and be satisfied, it still doesn't alter the fact that the new signings will need time to adapt to Conte's fitness levels and style of play. 

This season I don't think we have the luxury of time to do this when you take into account how strong the two Manc clubs are, so any points deficit we may incur while this happens will be so much harder to make up this season, just my opinion.

4 hours ago, James Prescott said:

At this rate Drinkwater will stay at Leicester, Ox will go to Liverpool, Barkley to Spurs, Vardy to Everton, Llorente will stay at Swansea, Rose will go to United, Bertrand will stay at Southampton and VVD will go to Liverpool. 

And we'll have to use academy players in rotation, as Conte has already alluded to. And be a total laughing stock. If we're not already.

Tick tock yes.  At this rate it looks a disaster.  Last signing a month ago.

As for the Academy players we have left, Conte may well have to rapidly rotate through them, because few of the non-loans ones are ready to play a full 90 mins this year.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:
1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

We're 4/5 players under strength with 5 days of the window to go.

That's a different issue. I'm happy to wait the 5 days and see what happens - you're not. Go figure.

Looks like a train wreck to me.  But if you're prepared to wait 5 more days before you call it a train wreck feel free to think that.

1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

I think we're three players under strength if we buy one versatile CM/WB.

Fair enough.  You say 4, James says 4 or 5 and I say 6.  We are all on the same wavelength.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

That's a different issue. I'm happy to wait the 5 days and see what happens - you're not. Go figure.

But it's the speculation that got you (pointlessly) revved up - that's what you were reacting to - and that was my point.

I'm happy to wait with interest. But in marks out of ten, how happy are you with the present squad for the coming season, and how convinced are you that any unhappiness will be sorted before the window closes.

I'm about a 6 and a 4 .

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

But it's the speculation that got you (pointlessly) revved up - that's what you were reacting to - and that was my point.

What I'm really annoyed about isn't potentially losing Ox - it's the fact it's 5 days before the window closes, and our squad is woefully under strength for a team who keep claiming they are serious about competing for four competitions this season.

I've said, we could sign Ronaldo, Messi, Veratti, Van Dijk and Sandro this week and it wouldn't change the fact the club left it all to the last minute when it could and should have been sorted at least 3 weeks ago, if not before. 

I don't like having to go to deadline day and four fixtures into our season with a squad of about 15 players. Call me old fashioned, but I don't. 

You clearly don't mind us being woefully under strength 4 games into the season, when we all know in this league every point counts. 

If we had a stronger squad, it wouldn't be an issue. But to let all those players go and risk not getting enough in to have a competitive squad is not acceptable.

And frankly I don't get why people who claim to love Chelsea are happy to accept this type of complacency and waiting till the last minute to get our squad together - a tactic which sends us into the season unprepared and risks us not having a competitive squad come Friday. 

58 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Some kid named Tammy Abraham scored for Swansea today. He looks like a very good player, maybe we should sign him.

52 minutes ago, Stim said:

Man that joke never gets old

I heard it on Chelsea TV last night during the U23 game - that No 10 looks good, sign him up.