• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Vinod   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Makes a lot of sense to me - who else outside the prem can afford half his wages?

Weirder to me is Costa to AM.

He has time and again mentioned he does not like life in London; specifically the weather. It's odd that he is moving north. I'm sure certain Italian clubs can afford his wages. 

BlueFizz   

If Ox signs - I'm pleased.

Posted before: over past few years (under Jose, under Conte) always thought he's the Arsenal player I'd have - I think he has the ability/physical attributes but has been unlucky to develop during the slow decline (despite cup wins) of Wenger, dragging Arsenal down with him.

Didn't Jose put in a cheeky bid for him end of season 2 (the second coming)? 

Don't give two shakes what he costs, what he's paid.

xhuga2   
13 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

NO. Moses did a great job for us last season and has done OK also so far this season. To say otherwise would suggest we played all last season with only 10 players on the pitch (OR 9 if we also exclude Matic as many here do/did OR 8 if we also exclude Alsonso as many on here do/did).

Why can't we get off the backs of our championship winning team and support them all as a team. I hate all this anti Matic anti Moses anti Alonso anti Willian BS on here

Moses is great going forward but he offers nothing in defense. That's the reason why Conte brought on Cristensen for him because Everton started using Moses' area to dominate the match. Last season, Moses defensive failures caused the loss to Tottenham. When I say Ox can't be worse than Moses, I mean that I expect Ox to be equally as bad as Moses when it comes to defending. If more opposing teams were not intimidated by Moses' build, they would know that he's our weakest link. We dominate most of our games so Moses defensive challenges are not often seen. Until recently, he didn't know how to throw a ball in without committing a foul. I think Ox is on the same level as Moses, but we all live to see. 

Vinod   

We have left things very late. More so considering Conte's coaching style. It will take a few weeks for him to drill his philosophy into the new players. That is going to be harder given the tight schedule. Not at all ideal.

I hope Conte persists with the club. Roman will take a couple of seasons before he starts trusting Conte's judgement as far squad building is concerned. If that happens, we should be able to finish deals early. 

jangz   

I think ox will be a hit with us.. pacy, can dribble,cross has strength will mainly play as a winger.. stepping in at the rwb as required.. will improve his movement and decision making under conte.. and we have a solid player.. pretty excited about him. 

Improves the team massively.. I don't think Arsenal side suited him.. with our more direct approach his productivity will improve. We need the fire to be lit again that he had when he started which wenger has extinguished.. IMO he will be better than sterling.

Vinod   
2 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:

Moses is great going forward but he offers nothing in defense. That's the reason why Conte brought on Cristensen for him because Everton started using Moses' area to dominate the match. Last season, Moses defensive failures caused the loss to Tottenham. When I say Ox can't be worse than Moses, I mean that I expect Ox to be equally as bad as Moses when it comes to defending. If more opposing teams were not intimidated by Moses' build, they would know that he's our weakest link. We dominate most of our games so Moses defensive challenges are not often seen. Until recently, he didn't know how to throw a ball in without committing a foul. I think Ox is on the same level as Moses, but we all live to see. 

Well, defensively Ox is worse than Moses. He couldn't handle Alonso, a wingback. Moses has done OK against wingers.

Ox will not be in the starting XI should all players be fit. A valuable bench player, no doubt.

38 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:

Guy has had only one good season in 6 years at Arsenal. I guess he can't be worse than Moses though. 

There's very little wrong with Moses.

Zoowraa   

I think the Ox will turn out to be s useful signing. I think we will start to see him realise his potential on a more consistent basis.

We probably are overpaying for him when taking his contract situation into account. It seems that everyone is overpaying though so little choice. It's good to see a player potentially moving for reasons other than money too, I doubt we will be paying what he has allegedly been offered at Arsenal.

According to one French media outlet, we've supposedly agreed a fee in excess of €30m with Leicester for Drinkwater.
Why is this story in the French media, you may ask? Well it's because Drinkwater's potential replacement is PSG's Grzegorz Krychowiak.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/leicester-d-accord-avec-chelsea-pour-drinkwater-et-pense-a-krychowiak-1244145.html

Stim   
32 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

If Chelsea don't put a clause in the deal to stop him playing against us they are more daft than we thought.

If we sell him to atletico in what world can we expect them to loan him to everton and make everton agree to not playing him against us? 

Even then, this is the same club who played a player we actually owned against us.