• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Dingus   
1 minute ago, Sciatika said:

Its a fair point but Caballero, Christensen, Tomori, Scott, Kenedy, Musonda, Remy and, as I said, with one or two decent backups, that's a group of nine. We would then rotate other first team players to fufill particular positions to do 45 minutes each. We also have Nathan and both Houghton and JCS should available soon as well. Or, maybe we need to bite the bullet and dip into the PL2 squad. People here moan we never play the youngsters. We could treat the FAC and FLC are an opportunity to do that, so maybe we pick some of those (depending on the opposition). Ampadu and Castillo look quite good to me but no doubt Juni could suggest others.

Kenedy will be off to Newcastle I imagine.

It would be a fundamental shift in regards as to how we've treated the League and FA Cups over the years that I'm not sure Roman would actually be happy with.

2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Its a fair point but Caballero, Christensen, Tomori, Scott, Kenedy, Musonda, Remy and, as I said, with one or two decent backups, that's a group of nine. We would then rotate other first team players to fufill particular positions to do 45 minutes each. We also have Nathan and both Houghton and JCS should available soon as well. Or, maybe we need to bite the bullet and dip into the PL2 squad. People here moan we never play the youngsters. We could treat the FAC and FLC are an opportunity to do that, so maybe we pick some of those (depending on the opposition). Ampadu and Castillo look quite good to me but no doubt Juni could suggest others.

Juni would most likely say that the likes of Tomori, Scott, Kenedy, and Remy won't be here in the next 36 hours.Perhaps Musonda too as apparently he's withdrawn from the U-21 squad.

Having said that, I do think we're going to pad out the squad in these remaining hours, with a realistic second team looking like this:

Caballero; Nil, Christensen, Rudiger; Nil, Cesc, Drinkwater, Nil; Willian, Michy, Barkley

With Llorente and perhaps Musonda available on the bench. The WB's remain an issue. 

41 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

On Barkley, I can only really see him as a CM option here due to our current shape , but it seems strange to pursue him and Drinkwater to me.

Not sure what you mean by Mahrez personality, he is still playing for Leicester and clearly putting a shift in for them, despite wanting out.

I presume Llorente replacement will be Wilfried Bony and this is likely to happen.

Indeed!!! Whilst Ox has looked totally disinterested, Mahrez has just got his head down and got on with playing. He may want a move elsewhere, but whilst Leicester are paying his wages, he's contributing all he can.

Mahrez should be a priority...we know his quality. The calibre of player we must be competing and seen to be competing for....

Llorente, Drinkwater or Barkley and cover at wing back. 

Achievable and necessary.

Oxlade can do one, if he would rather leave Arsenal for Liverpool because he wants to play more centrally rather than come here and win trophies then he can jog on.

What happens when Keita comes in next year and he may have to play out wide, will he look to move on again? Maybe he needs to realise that the only person who thinks he's a cm is himself.

24 years old with over 150 club games playing for a team that have not had exactly the best cm's for him to compete with and he still doesn't get a look in.

jangz   

Disappointed on the ox front but seriously if he thinks he is a cm .. hmm the basics aren't there at all .. he can't pass or tackle and doesn't have a good shot on him either .. what he does well on the other hand like strong running with the ball he seems to ignore..

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Is Kenedy's move to Newcastle off now then? I thought Remy had some offers to move too? Even if we go with your 9 then the bulk of the first team will still need to be playing or sitting on the bench. Hardly being rested.

Holymoly   
57 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Juni would most likely say that the likes of Tomori, Scott, Kenedy, and Remy won't be here in the next 36 hours.Perhaps Musonda too as apparently he's withdrawn from the U-21 squad.

Having said that, I do think we're going to pad out the squad in these remaining hours, with a realistic second team looking like this:

Caballero; Nil, Christensen, Rudiger; Nil, Cesc, Drinkwater, Nil; Willian, Michy, Barkley

With Llorente and perhaps Musonda available on the bench. The WB's remain an issue. 

It's that guy out of the E Street Band again.....how come he keeps getting on the pitch?

4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

It's that guy out of the E Street Band again.....how come he keeps getting on the pitch?

We missed out on our A, B, C and D options?

Juni   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Houghton is going to Doncaster (paperwork done, announced today or tomorrow) whilst Nathan doesn't have a UK work permit so we can get those two out of the way immediately.

Would hope and expect Tomori and Clarke-Salter to go on loan to get the football they need; CB is the best-stocked position at the club right now (Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger, Azpi, Christensen, and Alonso in an emergency) and keeping them around to sit on the bench and not play all season is a waste of everyone's time. Scott might stay but also falls into the same category as those two and, more importantly, isn't as far along as they are (has no first-team experience at any level) so can't really be counted on to provide any sort of depth at this stage (if Chalobah, a considerably more useful player by comparison, got 160 minutes of meaningful football last season, what hope does Scott have?).

That leves Remy (wants out, won't stay if Llorente signs), Kenedy (loan is likely if a new versatile midfielder/wing-back comes, but is a hopeless footballer in any case), and Musonda, who should still be staying even though everyone's reacting to the Belgium U21 stuff, but is no more likely to play meaningful football than RLC did last year.

Basically, don't expect any academy players to play very much at all except Christensen, who was dropped off the back of being the best defender on the pitch in one of the toughest away matches of the season. That should tell you everything really.