• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Juni said:

Basically, don't expect any academy players to play very much at all except Christensen, who was dropped off the back of being the best defender on the pitch in one of the toughest away matches of the season. That should tell you everything really.

That is quite subjective. If Alli had stuck that half chance away in th first half following Christiensen's error, then I doubt you would be making that statement. Agree with most of the rest though.

Any inside news on Baba Rahman?

Juni   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

That is quite subjective. If Alli had stuck that half chance away in th first half following Christiensen's error, then I doubt you would be making that statement. Agree with most of the rest though.

Any inside news on Baba Rahman?

If you mean the missed interception on a long ball over the top that left Alli with a shot from a ridiculously tight angle that he was never scoring from unless Courtois had a mare, then I'm happy to take the full body of work over a slight mistake that didn't present any real opportunity. He was Chelsea's best defender on the day by any measure.

Baba's rehab is going to take another couple of months, understandably, and unless someone wants to take a risk on him with a loan where he can't play properly until maybe November, he'll stay. Whether or not Chelsea use a non-HG spot to register him isn't clear but I wouldn't bank on it.

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

I'm perfectly calm.

Bids are going in for players, we're clearly working hard on getting deals done. 

Barkley, Drinkwater and Llorente, we're clearly in negotiations. I suspect we'll go for a wing-back now Ox has rejected us (probably one of Bertrand or Soares). 

In fact, most of the media are now reporting Llorente could be done today. 

Just deadline day nerves, because we need to strengthen our squad, can't afford to screw this up.

Yep. Time for calm nerves. Looks like deals for Llorente and Drinkwater are happening. Possibly Barkley.

Shame about the Ox deal as his versatility would have been useful but the kid is either being badly advised or has ideas above his talent. Not that fussed to be honest. 

And still time for us to pull a surprise like Mahrez who looks like a bargain in this market. 

Sandro deal has looked dead for a while, so a bit odd that left-wing back position hasn't been addressed. 

Somebody sell Drinkwater to me, our rivals (champions league rivals because we are ya know a 'top' european team again)  are signing the likes of Neymar, Mbappe, Sanchez(possibly), Bonucci, Dembele.  etc etc

If he just a backup.. then why did we sell Chalobah and replace him with a 30 million backup with no future upside... so if is to compete with kante/fab/bakayoko... sell me why he is as good, I just...can't see... it  

If Swansea or Liverpool sign Renato Sanches while we sign Drinkwater I think I might lose my mind 

Vinod   
7 minutes ago, JamesEsquire said:

Somebody sell Drinkwater to me, our rivals (champions league rivals because we are ya know a 'top' european team again)  are signing the likes of Neymar, Mbappe, Sanchez(possibly), Bonucci, Dembele.  etc etc

If he just a backup.. then why did we sell Chalobah and replace him with a 30 million backup with no future upside... so if is to compete with kante/fab/bakayoko... sell me why he is as good, I just...can't see... it  

If Swansea or Liverpool sign Renato Sanches while we sign Drinkwater I think I might lose my mind 

We sold Chalobah because he wanted to leave.

8 minutes ago, JamesEsquire said:

Somebody sell Drinkwater to me

Former Man Utd academy player, Premier league winner, 27 year old England International, ideal for Conte's football where individual decisions are designed to be minimised in favour of the system - doesn't give the ball away, proven that he works well with Kante. Happy to be part of the squad rather than a nailed on starter but good enough to push first XI and can be thrown in comfortably at any level.

cii99mn1   

What's this with players suddenly preferring Pool to us? First VVD and now Ox? Is it the lifestyle in Liverpool? The lure of trophies?