• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cii99mn1   
4 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Rafinha now being linked as our next WB target. 

Is he any good?

Kezza   
1 hour ago, jangz said:

Disappointed on the ox front but seriously if he thinks he is a cm .. hmm the basics aren't there at all .. he can't pass or tackle and doesn't have a good shot on him either .. what he does well on the other hand like strong running with the ball he seems to ignore..

I think his preference for CM might be misunderstood.  I would assume it means "midfield role" it doesn't have to be central and certainly he doesn't like playing at the back and in defence. He likes to be up front and forward as one of the front 3 in our system scoring goals and creating. That's where he see himself, in a midfield or forward role. There is no room for a player such as him in central mid these days and I'm sure he knows that.

9 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Not looking to blame anyone, but I get the feeling judging by Diego Costa's comments, Matic leaving, Willian having openly talked about the possibility of leaving for United, and now this latest bit about Oxlade that maybe Conte's not pretty good at convincing players that he is worth laying on the line for. Managers like Mourinho and Pep seem to have lot more pulling power with respect to players IMO.

It might not be personality.  But the way he picked the team last season made it pretty clear he thinks in terms of 12 or 13 players to be used on all occasions.  Unless you are a superstar or a RWB, you have to accept that you might just get cup games and 3 or 4 PL games all season.  
Fabregas was one of the best half dozen players in the league last season - he only started 13 PL games all season.  Unless you are Messi, Chelsea only have money to offer players.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

On the players not wanting to join us, I would say that is entirely within our control.

We dictate their remuneration, sell the club's vision, talk about how we see them being utilised within the squad, type of football to be played, philosophy etc, sometimes even take them on a tour of Conham, and then the player makes a decision.  If another club does a better job  at that, doesn't mean it's not within our control. 

Key here is that how we use players is also within our control.

2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

Having said that, I do think we're going to pad out the squad in these remaining hours, with a realistic second team looking like this:

Caballero; Nil, Christensen, Rudiger; Nil, Cesc, Drinkwater, Nil; Willian, Michy, Barkley

With Llorente and perhaps Musonda available on the bench. The WB's remain an issue. 

It really is that thin without a few deals, yes.

4 hours ago, Dingus said:

Reply to BlueFizz

Caballero (Replacement for Begovic)

Bakayako (Replacement for Matic)

Morata (Replacement for Costa)

Rudiger & Christensen (Cover for CB positions JT/Zouma)

Add to which where is the Replacements for

Ivanovic & Mikel (first half last season)
Ake (2nd half)
Chalobah (all last season)
RLC (who I didn't count as a serious player last season, but many did)

Against those All we have now is Rahman perhaps for 2nd half.

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

People talk about us competing for four trophies but I suspect we will play backups for the FAC and FLC and focus on PL and CL.

The backups being   ?

Edited by Droy was my hero

cii99mn1   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Looking like 1 player now, and 35 hours to go.

2 or 3 would be a disaster.

Can we panic now please?

I would say "potential disaster". If we are lucky with injuries and so on it's not impossible to manage the season up to January with a small squad.

Spurs look like they've dropped out of the Barkley race despite being favourites all summer - going for Gray from Leicester instead. So leaves us as the likely destination for Barkley now.

Right now it looks like Llorente, Barkley and Drinkwater will all end up here, though you never know of course. Plus, of course a wing back of some kind.

IMO they will just keep Kenedy as back up at LWB - with Baba Rahman still here, and hopefully fit before January, we can cope there for a season then prioritise a world class LWB next summer. So we'll likely go for a RWB IMO.

Bild are linking us with Rafinha, the Brazil and Bayern RWB. Not a bad option, though obviously it's just a rumour right now. 

I'm staying positive until 11pm tomorrow.

If we've signed any less than 3 or 4 players after then, the criticism I've made so far will be as nothing to my reaction.

Edited by James Prescott

4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

1) Spurs look like they've dropped out of the Barkley race despite being favourites all summer - going for Gray from Leicester instead. So leaves us as the likely destination for Barkley now.

Right now it looks like Llorente, Barkley and Drinkwater will all end up here, though you never know of course. Plus, of course a wing back of some kind.

IMO they will just keep Kenedy as back up at LWB - with Baba Rahman still here, and hopefully fit before January, we can cope there for a season then prioritise a world class LWB next summer. So we'll likely go for a RWB IMO.

Bild are linking us with Rafinha, the Brazil and Bayern RWB. Not a bad option, though obviously it's just a rumour right now. 

I'm staying positive until 11pm tomorrow.

2) If we've signed any less than 3 or 4 players after then, the criticism I've made so far will be as nothing to my reaction.

1) Possibly because they've woken up to the fact that he's not that good.

2) Wonderful. Can't wait.

• Like 2

bluehorn   

Are we the only club in the world that seemingly abides by the no tapping up rules? (and FFP for that matter) We have been tuned down by the Ox, before Liverpool have agreed a fee, he didn't even bother to leave his options open! Are we that arrogant that we barely communicate with prospective players, leaving the "prestige" of the mighty Chelsea wanting you to speak for itself, or are we completely inept at convincing players to join our project? 

Edited by bluehorn

No offer made for Llorente apparently. Half-hearted bids for Barklay and Drinkwater. Ox not interested. 

Talk about faffing around...

Holymoly   
36 minutes ago, cii99mn1 said:

What's this with players suddenly preferring Pool to us? First VVD and now Ox? Is it the lifestyle in Liverpool? The lure of trophies?

Pretty sure AOC sees more young English players to pal around with at the Scum.

VVD? I think it's a bit of the "big I am". Look at all these clubs wanting me. I want to be #1 nailed on first choice in my position. I'll be homest I see him as a bit of a footballing Kardashian, feted because he's (now) famous. Little to back it up in my opinion.