• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Chalobah has been loaned out by a succession of managers, yet it is all Conte's fault? Not any of the previous managers who didn't pick him at all?

Basically what Zoowraa says below.

4 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

I think you and Dave both have points here . Dave is right, Conte has basically force him out by not giving him a chance last season, added to not convincing him he will get a chance this season.

However, you are right, he is not the first . Chalobah was ready to be in the squad the year he played in that play off final for Watford. JM was coming back and appeared at Wembley to watch that match, we all thought he was looking at Chalobah when I think the reality was he was flirting with the media by attending that game.

He should have been a squad player that following season and if he was, he would likely be a first teamer now. Conte has bottled it in all reality,same applies with Ake, the same as JM did with the likes of Lukaku and De Bruyne to some extent. We hear how they all wanted to leave, they didn't, they all wanted to be convinced they would get a chance. Something neither manager did.

Chalobah should never have left for Nottingham Forrest. That was a mad decision. 

Not playing him more last season is even worse but the prize surely has to go to whatever idiot decided we should loan him out this summer. 

bluehorn   
4 minutes ago, Zoowraa said:

He should have been a squad player that following season and if he was, he would likely be a first teamer now. Conte has bottled it in all reality,same applies with Ake, the same as JM did with the likes of Lukaku and De Bruyne to some extent. We hear how they all wanted to leave, they didn't, they all wanted to be convinced they would get a chance. Something neither manager did.

Agree wholeheartedly! De Bruyne was a massive mistake, prioritising Oscar over him was laughable.

Dingus   

What does it say about us when Krychowiak is about to sign for West Brom on a loan....

Are people going to tell me that Drinkwater is better than him?

Chalobah decision was a poor one and almost inexplicable. We have just brought Hazards 22 year old brother into the under 23 set up....why? To keep Eden happy maybe? He will no doubt take the place of a promising British lad.

Holymoly   
9 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

You may have, I certainly haven't. I've seen an overhyped player who has scored 9 goals in 6 years take a few players on in non dangerous positions, which has resulted in the media having to relieve themselves all over their papers.

Pretty sure he'd fit in nicely at Tranmere...

8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Barclay is a difficult one for me because once I really liked him. He reminded me a bit of Paul Gasgoine when Paul was good.  Then almost overnight he started playing like Paul Daniels. Conte has probably only seen the Paul Daniels side of him, but if  someone could switch that light bulb back on he could be a good buy at 25 mill or less. I appreciate fully that it is a bit of a punt but unfortunately that is the territory we are now in.   

So , what you're saying is , you like Barclay , not a lot , and that's Magic !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

So , what you're saying is , you like Barclay , not a lot , and that's Magic !

I'll set 'em up Mark....

23 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Chalobah decision was a poor one and almost inexplicable. We have just brought Hazards 22 year old brother into the under 23 set up....why? To keep Eden happy maybe? He will no doubt take the place of a promising British lad.

I think he's been signed for the loan stables, which is a relief because I thought that was going out of fashion as we hadn't signed anyone to loan straight out all summer.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Looking like 1 player now, and 35 hours to go.

2 or 3 would be a disaster.

Can we panic now please?

We are now officially in panic buy time. 

Am beginning to think this is looking like a bloody disaster. 

Really hoping that Roman will pull a surprise or two along with bulking out the squad. 

But I'm not expecting much to be honest. 

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Personally, I'd suggest that it's safer wait until the window actually closes, but each to his own. And just a thought, but I wonder what the players we've already bought this window, think about you deciding that this window has been a failure? 

43 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

The time for panic was end of June, early July.

Yes Dave.  I should think that Rudiger, Bakayoko, Cabellero and Christensen are really worried.  It is clear that Conte plans a 12 man squad again, and that if any of these do start regularly it will only be in a disaster scenario.  (If Musonda starts a PL game he should definitely panic.)
Morata the odd one out - he will start every game he is fit for - which will be good but rather unusual for him.

Meanwhile the likes of Ake, Chalobah and all the loan army must be glad to be staying.

2 hours ago, Juni said:

Houghton is going to Doncaster (paperwork done, announced today or tomorrow) whilst Nathan doesn't have a UK work permit so we can get those two out of the way immediately.

Would hope and expect Tomori and Clarke-Salter to go on loan to get the football they need; CB is the best-stocked position at the club right now (Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger, Azpi, Christensen, and Alonso in an emergency) and keeping them around to sit on the bench and not play all season is a waste of everyone's time. Scott might stay but also falls into the same category as those two and, more importantly, isn't as far along as they are (has no first-team experience at any level) so can't really be counted on to provide any sort of depth at this stage (if Chalobah, a considerably more useful player by comparison, got 160 minutes of meaningful football last season, what hope does Scott have?).

That leves Remy (wants out, won't stay if Llorente signs), Kenedy (loan is likely if a new versatile midfielder/wing-back comes, but is a hopeless footballer in any case), and Musonda, who should still be staying even though everyone's reacting to the Belgium U21 stuff, but is no more likely to play meaningful football than RLC did last year.

Basically, don't expect any academy players to play very much at all except Christensen, who was dropped off the back of being the best defender on the pitch in one of the toughest away matches of the season. That should tell you everything really.

Thanks - very helpful summary.
On Christensen - it does tell all.  Conte does not want to rotate his first 11.  Being a back up player at Chelsea is a hugely unattractive role for any player - they only come here for the money.  

43 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

This. If I hear another "Conte expert" claiming he gives youth a chance I think I'll explode. It's bs of the highest order. 

I can't remember a Chelsea manager who was less interested in playing youngsters than Conte is. If I were Christensen I'd hand in a transfer request asap. 

Indeed I can't think of any manager anywhere less interested in even giving his 13th, 14th of 15th choice player a start.