• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

We're way below Leicester's valuation on Drinkwater.

Apparently our board don't understand that leaving it late means they can hold us to ransom, not the other way around.

Rate we're going, we'll sign no one and be left fighting for 4th and the Europa league because we'll get suspensions and injuries and have to play U19 players. 

I'm still trying to be positive, but we need 4 signings in 31 hours and we're haggling over fees, and underpaying for players (£23 million for Drinkwater? He's not Bakayoko but he's worth more than that). 

"Stay positive James, stay positive..."

JaneB   
20 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

Pure guesswork on my part but I reckon that we have enquired about Sanchez (we can't not have, surely), only to find that, like Danilo, he's another one to have eyes only for Pep.

A shame, because they both would have been excellent additions and would have solved a lot of our problems.

Kylian Hazard seems the sort of signing that says Eden Hazard is staying and not planning to hop it to Madrid in the next few days, so that's alright with me.

It's a conveyor belt.  We'll be signing Eden's kids up soon.  Shame is none of them will ever be a touch on him.   

Conte has said he will need to rotate with the number of fixtures we have, but with the squad we have, he can't possibly do that.

Basically, we need players, or we'll be forced to play U19 players in the league cup, and maybe even in the CL, if we get injuries and suspensions. 

God I hope Chelsea sort this out in the next 31 hours.

Edited by James Prescott

44 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I wasn't thinking of young players. I had in mind more the likes of Mata, De Bruyne and Lukaku, for example, who were all effectively put in the same place as Ake and Chalobah in the current period, in that it was made clear to them that they were always going to be second fiddle at best and therefore ended up feeling that they had to move on in order to progress their careers.

That's a good thing, isn't it?  De Bruyne and Lukaku wouldn't be the players they are today if they had spent the next 3 years at Chelsea or City or United.  They went on loan to clubs they developed at and improved a lot, but the did not merit a starting place at Chelsea then.  Everyone should be happy, including the club that saw their value increase,

BTW De Bruyne only spent half a season actually registered for us.  Lukaku a season pre-JM, which was clearly an error that the club has learnt for and then Lukaku spent one month under JM before being loaned again.

Where do you put Mata in a team with Willian Hazard Pedro and Fabregas in it?  You sell him to a lesser club I'd have though.

JaneB   
3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Pretty sure AOC sees more young English players to pal around with at the Scum.

He's an idiot if that's his only reasoning.

Can't wait for it..............."I've come to the biggest club in England to win trophies" yawn yawn.

I reckon he got scared off coming to Chelsea.

Juni   

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain, it's not unreasonable for players to want to work under Klopp instead of Conte if they consider Liverpool to have a decent chance of winning the title. He's considerably more charismatic and plays a more attractive brand of football and that definitely plays a part to your average footballer, and you'd definitely have heard more complaints from Chelsea's players last season had they not won the title about Conte's training methods as, simply put, they're boring. Players have a limited career and want to win stuff but they want to have fun in doing so.

A bit of perspective -  If Kompany gets injured as he has done the last few seasons City have to play Mangala (if he stays) and have no great options for the bench. Likewise any of their wing backs. Jose asked for 4 signings and the richest club n England have only managed to get 3. Liverpool have made 2 noteable signings. Spurs still have Janssen as back up to Kane and spent £40mil on a defender from the dutch league. Arsenal, nuff said.

Frustrating that if we had held on to a couple of players we could easily have the most balanced and complete squad in the league with another addition or two.

On 2 August 2017 at 7:30 PM, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

No point in trying to buy players anymore, NO ONE wants to sign for us

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/report-chelsea-give-up-on-milan-target-renato-sanches-65766

Is it okay to say I told you so

rejected by the ox...

Remind me again, who have we signed since I posted this?

I suppose the same know alls will be back telling me to keep quiet

39 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

We're way below Leicester's valuation on Drinkwater.

Apparently our board don't understand that leaving it late means they can hold us to ransom, not the other way around.

Rate we're going, we'll sign no one and be left fighting for 4th and the Europa league because we'll get suspensions and injuries and have to play U19 players. 

I'm still trying to be positive, but we need 4 signings in 31 hours and we're haggling over fees, and underpaying for players (£23 million for Drinkwater? He's not Bakayoko but he's worth more than that). 

"Stay positive James, stay positive..."

35 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Conte has said he will need to rotate with the number of fixtures we have, but with the squad we have, he can't possibly do that.

Basically, we need players, or we'll be forced to play U19 players in the league cup, and maybe even in the CL, if we get injuries and suspensions. 

God I hope Chelsea sort this out in the next 31 hours.

Four minutes apart... and you claim you don't repeat yourself???