• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Juni   

All that shows is that English clubs operate terribly in the transfer market.

3 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

What none of you who are now at 11/10 hysteria levels seem to acknowledge is that everyone is at it - not just us!

It's how the narking window works - every year: two waves - the early ones you get done easily; the late ones that often go to the wire! 

And I repeat - not just us. Spuds - avoid the early phase as a matter of principle, and Citeh chasing Evans and Sanchez, and the scousers (lucked in on Ox) and Everton desperate for a striker!

Clearly we don't give a **** for anyone but us but stop pretending we are atypical - re-read para 2 people: THIS IS HOW IT WORKS FOR LOTS OF CLUBS EVERY YEAR!

Ps - I am four glasses of wine in on a French canpsite - please, any other posters of a similar sanguine nature out there, tell me I am not the only sane one left - ergo mad!

THIS! I'm only 2 beers in whilst at Center Parcs, but you're definitely not the only sane one left. Cheers!

13 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It's quite possible that we have been turned down this summer by Lukaku, Walker and now Oxlade Chamberlain. Almost certainly others too.

I prefer to call it "filtering"...

I really want players that want to play for Chelsea....

Idealistic, I know but if Oxlade-Chamberlain can't stomach fighting for his place....jog on. If Lukaku would rather be their Dabber than our Drogba...jog on. Kyle Walker - enjoy the full back merry go round that is City.

Their loss not our's...our recent history is built on heroes....Drogba, Terry, Lampard, Desailly, Zola and others.

And you lot ain't got the bottle. 

CMON THE CHELS! 

• Like 3

BlueFizz   
4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

THIS! I'm only 2 beers in whilst at Center Parcs, but you're definitely not the only sane one left. Cheers!

Keep drinking - rain here, sun (and signings) tomorrow! 

2 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Keep drinking - rain here, sun (and signings) tomorrow! 

The only thing that's going to get me through tomorrow evening is a fat bottle of Jack Daniels to hopefully numb the pain.

2 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

What none of you who are now at 11/10 hysteria levels seem to acknowledge is that everyone is at it - not just us!

It's how the narking window works - every year: two waves - the early ones you get done easily; the late ones that often go to the wire! 

And I repeat - not just us. Spuds - avoid the early phase as a matter of principle, and Citeh chasing Evans and Sanchez, and the scousers (lucked in on Ox) and Everton desperate for a striker!

I think the difference is that we seem to be at least 4 players short of a first team squad. It's okay leaving 1 or 2 to get done on the final day but we have some big holes in the squad right now and not much time left. I'm sure we'll get a couple done but it's looking pretty desperate and it might be that we're going into the new season on a fine line unless the board get its act together in the next 24 hours. 

bluehorn   

I think very few are mourning the failure in landing the Ox, more so the position he could have filled and that he was of age to drink. Rarely do you see examples of players down right rejecting a move to another side, so quickly, even before rivals have given the player other options. We know how football works, clubs men talk to the players reps and have a quick sound out to establish the following: Whether they're interested in moving, in moving to them, where the manager will play them (when necessary) and wages. Seems to me we didn't bother doing our homework. 

We also seem to have great difficulty in understanding or reading other clubs determination in keeping hold of, or negotiating their player sales. We've spent entire summers chasing Koulibaly, Naingollan, Pogba to a degree, John Stones, Sandro, and I'm sure I've missed others. The way in which we identity, communicate, and negotiate with both clubs and players needs to be improved ten fold if aspire to reach greater heights. 

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Cheers Bob

as I said can't remember reading it anywhere   

The news is in Murdochs newspapers 

37 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Clearly we don't give a **** for anyone but us but stop pretending we are atypical - re-read para 2 people: THIS IS HOW IT WORKS FOR LOTS OF CLUBS EVERY YEAR!

Ps - I am four glasses of wine in on a French canpsite - please, any other posters of a similar sanguine nature out there, tell me I am not the only sane one left - ergo mad!

I generally agree with you BlueFizz. Easy(ish) transfers get done early/quickly, some transfers don't get done at all because of things beyond our control, then comes the mad scramble as the window closes. Like everyone else, I would have preferred us doing ALL our business before pre-season even started and that we had a usable squad of 18/19 top players with 3 or 4 'youngsters' we could bring in. However, posting 20 times a day that the board are inept, that we're a laughing stock, etc., etc., isn't actually going to change anything, and those that do post in this way should maybe seek clinical help rather than continue in this vein... it really isn't good for their health, and bores everyone else to tears!

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

It's quite possible that we have been turned down this summer by Lukaku, Walker and now Oxlade Chamberlain. Almost certainly others too.

Not really

Lukakus best mate turns out to be a Utd star, certain that twisted his head. Chose elsewhere rather than turned us down, we dont even know if there was a serious offer in for him

Walker, money no point competing

Ox may not have been man enough to handle the rivalry of a another London team, either way he is not getting his CM dream

If you believe they were targets and apart from Ox who seems an 11th hour target there are other reasons for their choice rather than simply not wanting us

Edited by exiledblue