• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   

I did not think it would go all the way until deadline day before we signed the next player after Morata.

Llorente looks more than likely. Same with Drinkwater.

Other than that, we are sniffing at Barkley for reasons I fail to grasp. Value for money signing from Emenalo perhaps? Fringe player for us for a season, then a PL loan perhaps and we believe the inflation in the market will massively increase his value regardless?

If we don't sign any wing-backs, then that effectively means we will not be playing 3-4-3 this season. Which would be a huge surprise, really.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting.

ripz   

Juventus have signed Howedes on loan with a purchase price that wouldn't see them spend more than 19m euros, add that to Matuidi for £18m and it really doesn't help with the frustration at how we seem to be handling transfers, two quality players, bargain prices and all done quickly and quietly. 

Holymoly   

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/30/eden-hazard-urges-michy-batshuayi-to-leave-chelsea-after-suggesting-fernando-llorente-transfer-is-close-6891205/

It seems Hazard thinks we'll get Llorente. Hopefully he doesn't get too pissed off if the club gets rid of another Belgian. That said, even if we do get him it would be nice if Batshuayi hanged around for numbers if nothing else.

No doubt if he did want to go I'm sure any sale would nip through like **** off a shovel unlike our acquisitions.

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm beginning to feel that the only two deals with any danger of going through are the sale of Costa and loan of Boga.

Don't be too sure:  http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2017/08/30/59a6ea1bca47413a6d8b45a8.html

Atletico Madrid are still working on the arrival of Diego Costa, although the deal is unlikely to be completed before the transfer window's deadline.

Holymoly   
3 minutes ago, jones said:

If we don't sign any wing-backs, then that effectively means we will not be playing 3-4-3 this season. Which would be a huge surprise, really.

Eh? What's wrong with Moses and Alonso?

Suspect that City will go big for Sanchez blowing us out the water with a wage offer and that he would choose Pep over us. In which case Arsenal will go for Mahrez. If we are after an attacking player we should probably be looking at Mahrez now before we get into a bidding war with Arsenal or 'snubbed' again. Would love for us to sign Sanchez just can't seeing us offering wages in the £300-400k a week bracket and doesn't fit the age profile of our signings.

I will be amazed if we get two players in, which will leave us around 2-4 players short depending on how you believe the squad should be constructed.

Edited by Conte Kante

synavm   

Reckon we'll get Drinkwater and Llorente as a minimum but we'll target Barkley and a wing back also (Rafinha?). Very frustrating window.

Edited by synavm