• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I know deals are complicated, but to leave our squad so woefully under strength and having to  rush around panicking on deadline day is NOT acceptable. 

If you know a player doesn't want to come here or clubs won't sell, then plan for that in advance, do your homework. There's no excuses.

We've had literally months to do negotiations - indeed from before the end of last season - to start getting deals done. 3-4 months. There's NO excuse. That's more than enough time to get deals done given our budget, especially with the players we've let go.

If you know, then quit bringing it up as a means to belittle the board or whoever else. 

And by all accounts, we've had plan A, B, C and D for players. Unfortunately for us, these deals also haven't gone to plan for a variety of reasons. That cannot be helped. We've worked down our list and just haven't had luck. 

Again, everything I've said has gone in one ear and straight out the other without being absorbed whatsoever. Deals take time. We've tried for a number of players, once a deal falls through we've moved onto the next. The problem with that is it means we (and this applies to all clubs I might add) end up wasting time negotiating for players who they don't end up signing for one reason or another. That's the reality of negotiations.

Apparently Everton want a loan move for Batshuyi. Clearly dependent on us getting Llorente, but might help in negotiations for Barkley as they need a striker. 

PS: Don't be surprised if we're linked with Benteke by the end of today, as our next option if Llorente falls through.

Stim   
3 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Marina has been doing this three years. After a great start (Costa, Fabregas and Luis early in the window in 2014), she's been crap ever since. Dilibodji and Hector in 2015, losing out on Pogba and Stones. Last year we got lucky with a couple of late moves, which people were skeptical about at the time.

Does she pick players too then?

And thank god she didn't get Stones else right now you'd be slating her for paying 50 mil for him.

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

Sorry, that doesn't wash. You don't put a novice in charge. You have an experienced individual showing her the ropes and over the course of YEARS the novice gradually accumulates the contacts and finally assumes the role when they are ready. This is Chelsea F Bloody C not Accrington Effing Stanley for pete's sake.

Yeah - Lets bring Kenyon or Gourlay back

Some people here under estimate Marina qualifications to do the Job. In the past couple of weeks I can remember seeing any club saying we have officially put in a bid for a player?

xCELERYx   
3 minutes ago, Stim said:

Does she pick players too then?

And thank god she didn't get Stones else right now you'd be slating her for paying 50 mil for him.

Nah, James wanted us to spend 50m on Stones. 

Holymoly   
Just now, xCELERYx said:

And by all accounts, we've had plan A, B, C and D for players. Unfortunately for us, these deals also haven't gone to plan for a variety of reasons. That cannot be helped. We've worked down our list and just haven't had luck.

Sorry again. There's no point blaming someone else all the time. We used to be a proactive club. Since the dream team of Marina and Michael took over we've become headless chickens rushing from one debacle to the next. Who knows, the Fabregas deal that Marina has been given credit for at the beginning of her reign may have been a legacy of her predecessor, especially as it was sone right at the beginning of the window (something she has failed to do ever since).

Emenalo and his scouting team (which he ruthlessly pruned a few years ago incidentally) also haven't been coming up with the goods early enough. Maybe he can blame someone else too? Well Football Manager has been coming out a bit later these last few years.

I think it's strange, though understandable in a way, that we blame our entire transfer failing on one person when in reality we don't know who does what. 

We will sign some players today and if not then we'll have to deal with the consequences.

jangz   
Just now, bluecueball said:

I think it's strange, though understandable in a way, that we blame our entire transfer failing on one person when in reality we don't know who does what. 

We will sign some players today and if not then we'll have to deal with the consequences.

someone posted a few pages back the JD for ME looks like this guy is responsible for bringing players in. I dont understand why some choose to defend the indefensible.  The transfer committee with ME , MG, Conte has screwed up all in varying capacities.

4 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Nah, James wanted us to spend 50m on Stones. 

Yes, and I was clearly wrong on that one. 

7 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

she's been crap ever since. Dilibodji and Hector in 2015, losing out on Pogba and Stones.

Your right - Both Pogba and Stones have lit up the PL

Now lets see - who would you prefer in the back 3 Christensen or Stones?

I think you will find Dilibodji and Hector were brought by the clubs technical director