• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
7 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Last year we arranged a deal for and signed David Luiz within 24 hours. Spurs got a deal done for Sissoko in an evening. Don't tell me we can't get deals done within a day. 

And it was done quick because PSG wanted to sell and Luiz was happy to leave and return to Chelsea. Makes all the difference when certain factors don't require much to power through.

18 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

JM also did the same to other players though Dave. Left them in a position where they really had no option but to leave.

Lukaku had an option to stay and be part of the squad. De Bruyne the same. 

They asked to leave against Jose's wishes. Everyone concerned has confirmed that was the case. 

18 hours ago, Vinod said:

JamesEsquire said we sold Chalobah, a backup to bring in Drinkwater, another backup. Now Chalobah or Drinkwater are in shares being sold and bought in the stock market.

It will take time for managers to start trusting young players. That is going to happen only if the manager stays long enough. If you want to point fingers, point to the person with the gun in his hand I.e. Roman. 

You can't have read my thoughts on Roman very well then. 

I often point my finger at Roman. In fact, it seems I'm one of the very few who does that and I've been doing it since 2009 or thereabouts. 

17 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

I wasn't thinking of young players. I had in mind more the likes of Mata, De Bruyne and Lukaku, for example, who were all effectively put in the same place as Ake and Chalobah in the current period, in that it was made clear to them that they were always going to be second fiddle at best and therefore ended up feeling that they had to move on in order to progress their careers.

But they weren't put in the same place. They were part of the squad and all saw minutes in the limited time they were here. They weren't told they'd be sent out on loan. 

Thats a rather big difference. We didn't even want Chalobah in this years squad so how is the situations comparable?

16 hours ago, Juni said:

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain, it's not unreasonable for players to want to work under Klopp instead of Conte if they consider Liverpool to have a decent chance of winning the title. He's considerably more charismatic and plays a more attractive brand of football and that definitely plays a part to your average footballer, and you'd definitely have heard more complaints from Chelsea's players last season had they not won the title about Conte's training methods as, simply put, they're boring. Players have a limited career and want to win stuff but they want to have fun in doing so.

I get the feeling from reading your posts that maybe things aren't as rosy as we'd like to believe behind the scenes? 

Would be interesting to hear more... 

14 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

"I am a coach, not a manager. When you want to strengthen your squad you have to give your opinion, and speak with your club."

So if Conte is a coach and not a manger, who is managing our first team? 

Emenalo is certainly helping out with some of the areas an old-school manager would have. 

14 hours ago, jangz said:

This has been one of the worst transfer window management I have seen .. right from costa too oxlade.. 

Agreed. I can't remember a window when we handled things worse than what we've done so far. 

14 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Preview: We'll be linked with lots of players, leave it till Jan 31 and get no one. 

I'll admit, that made me laugh. 

13 hours ago, James Prescott said:

I was kinda joking TBH, can't a man have a little joke around here? 

What can I say James, it's a tough crowd. 

13 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

It's quite possible that we have been turned down this summer by Lukaku, Walker and now Oxlade Chamberlain. Almost certainly others too.

Perhaps Conte isn't as liked as we thought? I admit that I thought Conte was well liked, but what if he isn't? 

13 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

What none of you who are now at 11/10 hysteria levels seem to acknowledge is that everyone is at it - not just us!

It's how the narking window works - every year: two waves - the early ones you get done easily; the late ones that often go to the wire! 

And I repeat - not just us. Spuds - avoid the early phase as a matter of principle, and Citeh chasing Evans and Sanchez, and the scousers (lucked in on Ox) and Everton desperate for a striker!

Clearly we don't give a **** for anyone but us but stop pretending we are atypical - re-read para 2 people: THIS IS HOW IT WORKS FOR LOTS OF CLUBS EVERY YEAR!

Ps - I am four glasses of wine in on a French canpsite - please, any other posters of a similar sanguine nature out there, tell me I am not the only sane one left - ergo mad!

Yes. The transfer market is a tougher market than what people may expect. 

But we are the only side that has 15 outfield players. So I'll continue to pretend we are a bit atypical if that's alright with you. 

13 hours ago, Juni said:

All that shows is that English clubs operate terribly in the transfer market.

In general yes, English clubs are not doing a very good job in the marketplace. 

12 hours ago, bluehorn said:

I think very few are mourning the failure in landing the Ox, more so the position he could have filled and that he was of age to drink. Rarely do you see examples of players down right rejecting a move to another side, so quickly, even before rivals have given the player other options. We know how football works, clubs men talk to the players reps and have a quick sound out to establish the following: Whether they're interested in moving, in moving to them, where the manager will play them (when necessary) and wages. Seems to me we didn't bother doing our homework. 

We also seem to have great difficulty in understanding or reading other clubs determination in keeping hold of, or negotiating their player sales. We've spent entire summers chasing Koulibaly, Naingollan, Pogba to a degree, John Stones, Sandro, and I'm sure I've missed others. The way in which we identity, communicate, and negotiate with both clubs and players needs to be improved ten fold if aspire to reach greater heights. 

It is clear there is something that isn't working as it should within the club. 

7 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

So, when would have Chalobah played more last season then? We played less games, we hard no real injuries at CM and he had 3 far better players ahead of him in Matic, Kante and Fabregas. Kante is going to play 99% of games. So in reality, it left 1 position for 3 players. The bones to it all is that Chalobah simply wasn't better than the other options and therefore didn't play. 

Just like him leaving. He isn't better any of the options we have,  and he didn't want to remain here as a squad player. He was never going to be a regular first team player and this was possible at Watford. But that's okay, bend the truth to suit your agenda. 

What agenda would that be? 

Perhaps you should reconsider calling out people for an alleged agenda considering you 'forgot' to mention the real reason Chalobah left. 

We wanted to send him out on another loan! Now... How is it possible you forgot to mention that? Maybe watch out with the accusations of having an agenda mate.

7 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Have I stumbled on to the Arsenal forums or something?

Sounds a lot like excuses to me.

Quite. 

Vinod   
1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Sorry, that doesn't wash. You don't put a novice in charge. You have an experienced individual showing her the ropes and over the course of YEARS the novice gradually accumulates the contacts and finally assumes the role when they are ready. This is Chelsea F Bloody C not Accrington Effing Stanley for pete's sake.

I agree; but that's the way it is. The point I am trying to make is instead of training your guns on Marina, Emenalo or Conte; train it on the person who matters.

Chelsea always keep very quiet on transfers right until the moment they get done, or almost done. 

Sky are just unable to get any track on Mahrez, what he's doing or where he is. Says no offers for him at the moment, but trying to find out more.

Maybe Chelsea trying to do this under the radar to stop others getting involved? Hope so.

14 hours. 4 signings.

Edited by James Prescott

xCELERYx   
2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

What agenda would that be? 

Perhaps you should reconsider calling out people for an alleged agenda considering you 'forgot' to mention the real reason Chalobah left. 

We wanted to send him out on another loan! Now... How is it possible you forgot to mention that? Maybe watch out with the accusations of having an agenda mate.

I didn't forget, I've mentioned it in a number of posts before, including one directly after the one you've quoted. But you know that already, because one of those was in reply to you a number of weeks ago. :)

2 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Big rumours on my campsite that the Le Havre second choice keeper may join Nantes...

You can't blame him given the lack of first team appearances last term. 

Lampsie   
23 minutes ago, synavm said:

We're going to sign Messi, Marcelo, Verratti and Alves, and it's going to be great.

That's what it looks like,  looking at our desperation to sign Llorente, drinkwwater and whoever now.. N we are not able to close them either... 

xhuga2   
27 minutes ago, synavm said:

We're going to sign Messi, Marcelo, Verratti and Alves, and it's going to be great.

Thanks Trump.

Vinod   

8 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

You can't have read my thoughts on Roman very well then. 

I often point my finger at Roman. In fact, it seems I'm one of the very few who does that and I've been doing it since 2009 or thereabouts. 

Err... Try again mate. 

We sold Chalobah because Conte had no interest in playing him or even keeping him around the squad. Conte basically forced him out. Shameful. 

I don't really have the bandwidth to read and remember all of your posts on Roman; but Chalobah leaving had nothing to do with Conte forcing him out. You cannot give the manager sub-optimal resources and expect an extraordinary result. Frankly, that is what Conte did last season. Let Roman allow him to target 4th place for a few seasons and develop young players in the process. If he still does not do that, blame Conte.

I find it immensely frustrating that our youth products are going elsewhere. Equally I understand that the first team coaches are under tremendous pressure. Maybe a we should look at 2 year loans for the 19-20 year olds; or sell them with buy-back clauses.