• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Stim said:

I'm guessing he'd rather start at a mid table side than be fourth choice for us. Good on him.

Only at Chelsea, meanwhile up north United resigned their youth player for 90 million ...

Or he'd rather be taken seriously as a player and was reluctant to be sent out on a completely pointless loan at this stage? 

How Pogba is a comparable situation isn't very clear to me though. Unless they sold a player just as good as Pogba for £5m and bought Pogba as that players replacement of course. 

Who did they sell? 

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Remy off to Las Palmas on a permanent transfer

We certainly aren't bad at closing deals. As long as it decimates our squad we seem quite enthusiastic.

3 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Just saw somewhere Everton want Bats.......that would be beyond too funny unless we had 2 strikers coming in

It does highlight the circularity/irony in all this.
Competent playes won't come to our club to back up for our stars because we never play the back up.  It's like saving on the spare tire in the boot.  

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is 100% clear - either the club wants a squad this small, or it cocked it up big time.

More likely the manager doesn't trust these young players so they're loaned out in the hope that they'll prove themselves worthy of a real first team squad place in the way that Christensen has.

Hopefully Abraham, RLC, Zouma and possibly Palmer will be first team candidates by next summer, but that doesn't help us now and none of the names on the list are realistic options for wing-back, where we desperately need cover.

Llorente choosing Spurs as he thinks he will play more there.

Again, if we'd done a deal before Spurs got involved wouldn't have been an issue.

Looks like Bats will stay. Still not convinced by him and neither is Conte IMO.

Benteke and Vardy the outside calls. We can always offer Bats on loan as part of the deal. 

Standard reporting we've bid again for Drinkwater. Hope we just offered what they wanted, about £30-35 million. Need a fourth choice CM or we're screwed. 

Also Leicester seem to be linked or close to a replacement.

He says it's 50/50. Knowing us it's 99/1. 

Edited by James Prescott

Just now, chiswickblue said:

More likely the manager doesn't trust these young players so they're loaned out in the hope that they'll prove themselves worthy of a real first team squad place in the way that Christensen has.

Hopefully Abraham, RLC, Zouma and possibly Palmer will be first team candidates by next summer, but that doesn't help us now and none of the names on the list are realistic options for wing-back, where we desperately need cover.

You are still saying that the club thinks a squad this small is acceptable.

And besides, while I agree that "Abraham, RLC, Zouma and possibly Palmer"  may "be first team candidates by next summer"
there are still a bunch of guys over 21 playing regularly at Championship level who could be useful to us at very low cost to us either financially or in terms of our long term pipeline.

Why on earth is 23 year old Piazon starting games for Fulham, when we are picking Boga to start?  
WTF is Pasalic doing at Spartak Moscow - he started 12 games for Monaco in Ligue 1 2 years ago, when Bakayoko (6 months older) started 14.  He started 20 games for Milan in Serie A last season.
Pasalic isn't a superstar I accept.  He isn't a candidate for us next season.  But he is a hell of a lot more useful than Musonda to this squad.

Sea foot   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You are still saying that the club thinks a squad this small is acceptable.

Where did he say this?

paulw66   
1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Sky Sports: Spurs favourites for Llorente.

****s sake. Useless, amateur, inept, shambolic, penny pinching board with no ambition.

Have a day off, James. 

• Like 1