• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Barkley and Drinkwater wouldn't be too bad - though we need a wing back too. 

Need to get a massive bid in for Barkley as we'll probably need to outbid Spurs. Not optimistic given our board.

kratos   
1 minute ago, James Prescott said:

We'll end up just getting Drinkwater. 

So, back to competing for fourth place then.

Ill snap your hand off for 4th place. Plus Michael and Marina's P45s.

Just now, Holymoly said:

It's all very well getting our collective knickers in a twist about the AOC deal getting hijacked by the Scum and Llorente by Spuds but this is the last day of the window. Doesn't this smack of 4th or 5th choice stuff? Surely to god at the end of the season we had loftier ambitions than these two players? I'll repeat we are the champions and we didn't make any sensible approaches to anyone for a top class ADDITION to the squad. I'm not talking about the plan B replacements we did end up signing, I mean actual upgrades.

We talked about the thin squad that would need bolstering all last season. It's not rocket science. It's not a thunderbolt out of the blue. Everyone knew what was needed. Everyone except the board apparently who thought instead they would sell even more squad players because presumably something would turn up.

People will doubtless say that I don't know what was going on behind the scenes which is true obviously but I'm sorry to tell you in these days of mass social media nothing can be kept secret in football any longer. If we'd made enquiries about signing Gareth Bale for £150m in July it would have come out somewehere. There were no rumours at all.

Emenalo emasculated our scouting system a few years back and I'm afraid he probably spent too long after we won the title necking the champagne and chumming it up with Roman. When the window opened he realised he had nothing for Granovskaia to go to work on and she didn't have any experience of her own to draw upon. Now we find ourselves in this position, being humiliated by the clubs we especially hate. Who'd have thought Chelsea would have become the penny pinching amateurs we appear to be now.

I am, frustrated, embarrased and angry at our board. Hopefully someone will come out publically tomorrow and explain just what our transfer policy was.

Yes it is desperate.  But my ambitions at least was for less than AOC and Llorente.  I just wanted a handful of adults to be signed in July.

Conte said he couldn't do 7 fixtures in September with the current squad, as he'd have to rotate. 

Looks like our youth team could be playing in the CL this month.

Hazard and Courtois will demand moves next summer, and Conte will quit, and no big player will consider us ever again. Nice work Marina. 

Bruce Buck just arrived at Stamford Bridge. Hopefully to get some deals done, and tell Marina she's sacked at 11.01 tonight.

Edited by James Prescott

22 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I personally defend James' right to post on here without being insulted.

Whereas I defend his right to be treated in exactly the same way as anyone else.

1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

Whereas I defend his right to be treated in exactly the same way as anyone else.

Yep, and no one else gets insulted like me, at all. No one.

Holymoly   
Just now, James Prescott said:

Yep, and no one else gets insulted like me, at all. No one.

Woohoo....15k!!

5 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Excellent post!

Thank you Faramir.

Faramir   
1 hour ago, Zoowraa said:

The scenarios are exactly the same. If both managers (JM and AC) had made more of an effort to either use them, or at least convince them that there were opportunities for them, then these players would have stayed.It's part of man management that I am positive both of them are capable of doing, yet they chose not to because the reality is they were not bothered about these players.

Young talented players in the first team squad don't just want to leave Chelsea.They leave because they are messed around and not given opportunities by managers, same applies with Solanke. Very few players over the years have expressed a desire to leave Chelsea, the most obvious one where there is no ulterior motive, such as not settled or homesick is Matic and he is a rare exception.

I disagree with the part I highlighted. It is not a case of Mourinho or Conte not being bothered about those players. They were both in the same situation... picking a team to win games, to fulfill Roman's mandate of winning trophies.

• Like 1