• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Woohoo....15k!!

Yes but if you remove the repetition it's more like 27. 

• Like 2

Holymoly   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

Yes but if you remove the repetition it's more like 27. 

Same could be said about everyone else here Ham.

5 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Yep, and no one else gets insulted like me, at all. No one.

Not true. Here's a line from a recent post of your own:

"I mute Bob. He's an arrogant man who is only interested in patronising and insulting people."

That's as flagrantly abusive a post as I've ever seen on here and you've been no stranger to lofty insults yourself on a number of other occasions James.

Secondly, the reason why you might attract the comments you sometimes do is  because of the amount of repetitive repetition you submit and all of it wining about the same issues.

It will attract responses you have to admit.

bluehorn   
1 minute ago, Dingus said:

Money on Conte not lasting the season?

I tried half heartedly to find odds of him to leave by Christmas a few months back, unfortunately couldn't find any prices. Think there's a huge chance it'll happen. He's the 3rd manager to be hamstrung after winning a title, it's incredible. While he is nearly blameless, the decision to deem Chalobah surplus to requirements before getting replacements in was a scandalous decision.

Zoowraa   

Whilst we can all have some sympathy with him, he just has to get on with things and not be a quitter because it dont work out how he/we wanted.

He has a very talented small squad to work with, is very well paid and did a very good job last season.

Just get your head down and get on with the job, show the resilience he had as a player and work with what you have.

If it goes tits up , it wont harm his reputation and he will get paid off handsomely. Quitting because things don't go your way (again) is more damaging to his reputation.

4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Same could be said about everyone else here Ham.

No. There are similarities in principle, but certainly not in detail and volume.

We surely could have made an offer larger than that? Whether the player would have moved here is unknown, but I'd like to think we would have gone in with something.

If nothing drastic happens in the next few hours I hope Conte walks. He's going to get sacked anyway and he doesn't deserve that.

• Like 2

bert19   

He'll definitely be gone by next summer surely?  Even if he performs miracles and keeps us in contention until January and we spent big then, I just can't see us competing (whilst winning something) on all fronts, so he'll be relieved of his duties.  It's how we do things as a club.

And if I hear anyone mention "we'll just concentrate on the league and CL, don't worry about the cups" - my first Q would be to ask how that's gone for us in the past? (look at 2010/11 under Carlo). 

Realistically, one of the cups is our only real chance of silverware.  That or the Europa League after Xmas, as this squad could really struggle to get out of our CL group if we get an injury or two...

The more I think about what we've been doing this summer, the more I'm confused by it all really.  Such a shame given this presented such an opportunity to really build a new team.

• Like 1