• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Harvz   

Khedira could provide many of the things Ballack offered.

Quite. Exactly who I compared him to. Tiago/Ballack in that Jose 4-3-3 team.

If Lampard could pass like a top CM and play like a true CM, I wouldn't be saying any such things. he's a valuable player, but not a player for Chelsea center midfield wherein not one player alongside him is a top CM either. not going to accomplish anything in the CL and not likely to win the Prem.

Zoowra: yes, I said that about Lukaku last season, referring to Kenwyne Jones and I will stand by that statement now, but it also doesn't apply to RIGHT NOW nor the future. Lukaku is coming along but he doesn't have the control and accurate passing that Benteke has already exhibited almost effortlessly the whole of the last Premier League season.

I really couldn't care if half of you think I'm "trying to wind you up" as you like to say in the U.K. Fact is, some of you don't know the difference between 'winding people up' and someone expressing his observations in a forum or other social avenue. I post what I post because it's what I see with this club and if you don't like it, I imagine it's still not going to tear your world apart. No one on here has hurt my feelings or spirit one bit by giving a negative opinion on any of my favorite players. It's laughable when someone replies to a post about Gundogwan with his sarcastic drivel, "who's Gundogogowan?" why is that so funny? you can take a guess.

atleast you have moved from Lampard cannot pass to a Lampard cannot pass like a top CM.

Scooba   

It really is a joke. How can you have the same rule for all clubs when Barca and Real get so much more TV money in Spain than any other club. It should be a percentage system across all leagues - 1st =15%, 2nd=12% etc then the rule could be applied. I really can't see it lasting long.

Holymoly   

It really is a joke. How can you have the same rule for all clubs when Barca and Real get so much more TV money in Spain than any other club.

Because it was only meant to handcuff English sides. The ball was started rolling in 2008 when English clubs dominated the CL. UEFA love Spanish clubs because they play "beautiful football". Apparently we bought our way back to the top table whereas Italy are ok because they do it with a bunch of crooks, the French are exempted by Platini and the Germans currently own football.

life   

I don't know why people keep saying benteke is better than lukaku with the ball at his feet, and a better passer, when its evident to scouts, head scouts, people who have seen both since the beginning of their careers and anyone with a bit of football sense, that lukaku is better at those attributes and has a higher ceiling regarding how good he can get..

life   

Apparently we should be seeing forward movements regarding the rooney transfer this week

Just a rumour though..

Ynot   

I don't know why people keep saying benteke is better than lukaku with the ball at his feet, and a better passer, when its evident to scouts, head scouts, people who have seen both since the beginning of their careers and anyone with a bit of football sense, that lukaku is better at those attributes and has a higher ceiling regarding how good he can get..

Not "people", just one expert that has far greater insight in world football than any other member of the forum. Or maybe the meanings of words talented and average got mixed up when crossing the Atlantic.

Zoowraa   

If Lampard could pass like a top CM and play like a true CM, I wouldn't be saying any such things. he's a valuable player, but not a player for Chelsea center midfield wherein not one player alongside him is a top CM either. not going to accomplish anything in the CL and not likely to win the Prem.

Zoowra: yes, I said that about Lukaku last season, referring to Kenwyne Jones and I will stand by that statement now, but it also doesn't apply to RIGHT NOW nor the future. Lukaku is coming along but he doesn't have the control and accurate passing that Benteke has already exhibited almost effortlessly the whole of the last Premier League season.

I really couldn't care if half of you think I'm "trying to wind you up" as you like to say in the U.K. Fact is, some of you don't know the difference between 'winding people up' and someone expressing his observations in a forum or other social avenue. I post what I post because it's what I see with this club and if you don't like it, I imagine it's still not going to tear your world apart. No one on here has hurt my feelings or spirit one bit by giving a negative opinion on any of my favorite players. It's laughable when someone replies to a post about Gundogwan with his sarcastic drivel, "who's Gundogogowan?" why is that so funny? you can take a guess.

No one is trying to hurt your spirit todongo. I think sometimes you get lost with good young players and players who could actually make a difference to our squad. Because you present these views in such a forthright manner, bordering on critical of the club for not making moves for these players (bearing in mind we have signed some very talented players in the last 2-3 years) people find it hard to take serious. Take Schneiderlein as an example, he is a very good young player and impressed me quite a bit last season. Realistically speaking, what will he add to Chelsea that we dont have ? He is a technically better version of Ramires, but without the goal threat that Ramires brings.

I think you under estimate the the level of quality a player needs to come to Chelsea and make an impact. If you remember, we also signed a Morgan Schneiderlein a few years back called Scott Parker. They are the same player, Parker did ok but was/is not good enough to come to Chelsea and improve us.

Bony is another example and he may well come here and be a real success. But as I say, Demba Ba has been more succesful in his career and is a better all round player than Bony. Yet Ba is clearly a squad player at best for Chelsea, he will do quite well and score a few goals if he stays here. But he is not the long term answer so impossible to see what Bony can bring to improve Chelsea.

PS : Drop the view on comparing Jones to Lukaku, it was ridiculous at the time and it aint doing you any favours. Lukaku would cost any club who wanted him £20 million + . I'm sure you could get Jones for around £3 million quid if anyone wnated him.

Edited by Zoowraa