• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   

Assuming Zappacosta signs for 23mp, Drinkwater for 35mp and we get 40mp for Costa, we have a net spend this summer of ...

-26mp.

That is MINUS 26mp, ladies and gentlemen. I think we have made some decent deals (on isolation), but this could have been the summer where we mounted a push for European dominance. We are strengthening our squad marginally, but not our first XI. Our squad is top 4 PL and top 8 CL. I honestly thought our ambition was higher than that.

Edited by jones

Latest on Mahrez is that he left international duty to fly to London and sign for his new club (us) only for Leicester owner to change his mind about selling him. 

James, time you started supporting Arsenal then you will know what disappointment really is.

Mendy has joined Nice on loan....not looking good for Drinkwater 

cii99mn1   

Who will cover for Alonso? Zappacosta looks pretty right footed. And Kenedy...

Assuming we get Zappacosta and Drinkwater will be signed LWB is the gaping hole what I can see. 

bluehorn   
2 minutes ago, jones said:

-26mp.

That is MINUS 26mp, ladies and gentlemen. I think we have made some decent deals (on isolation), but this could have been the summer where we mounted a push for European dominance. We are strengthening our squad marginally, but not our first XI. Our squad is top 4 PL and top 8 CL. I honestly thought our ambition was higher than that.

Good grief.

If Roman wants to save money for the stadium then I can ALMOST understand our activity, or lack of, this summer. But does anyone think if we finish 4th/5th and crash out of the champions league group stage that Conte keeps his job? Me neither. Our summer does not align with our goals. 

BlueFizz   
3 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

James, time you started supporting Arsenal then you will know what disappointment really is.

I see nothing to suggest he supports us! Think he's a ringer from an 'elite' club come to torment us!

synavm   

Looks like Drinkwater isn't happening, so just Zappacosta? If so I really hope Roman cuts Conte some slack, it's really not his fault if we slip up now.

Yep, a minus net spend.

Marina will be happy. 

We being in a fortune in player sales, a fortune from winning the league and sponsorship, giving us fortunes to spend. And spend NONE of it.

We miss out on Llorente over £3 million. Miss out on Danilo over £4 million. And end the window with a squad which is woefully under strength to compete in four competitions.

Going to end up fourth this year, out of Europe and win nothing. Then Conte, Hazard and Courtois go next summer to more ambitious clubs. Our time as an elite club is now over - and everyone knows it.

Edited by James Prescott