• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

So much for the theory that we have deals lined up months in advance just waiting for confirmation.

Seems like we just make it up as we go along and hope for the best. 

Heads really should roll after this debacle but they won't as those responsible answer ultimately to Roman and are his personal appointees. 

6 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

I see nothing to suggest he supports us! Think he's a ringer from an 'elite' club come to torment us!

I've supported Chelsea for 34 years. My first game was Chelsea 0--0 Everton in 1983.

I support Chelsea, not the board, not even the owner. My loyalty is the club, not the people who run the club. 

Edited by James Prescott

13 minutes ago, jones said:

Assuming Zappacosta signs for 23mp, Drinkwater for 35mp and we get 40mp for Costa, we have a net spend this summer of ...

-26mp.

That is MINUS 26mp, ladies and gentlemen. I think we have made some decent deals (on isolation), but this could have been the summer where we mounted a push for European dominance. We are strengthening our squad marginally, but not our first XI. Our squad is top 4 PL and top 8 CL. I honestly thought our ambition was higher than that.

What have I been saying all summer? We've had an average net spend of £30m over the last ten seasons. 

It was clear we wouldn't go on and end up having a net spend of £150m all of a sudden. We needed it, but we've needed it before as well. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

cii99mn1   
Just now, Original 21 said:

So much for the theory that we have deals lined up months in advance just waiting for confirmation.

Seems like we just make it up as we go along and hope for the best. 

Heads really should roll after this debacle but they won't as those responsible answer ultimately to Roman and are his personal appointees. 

Maybe Rudiger, Morata and Bakayoko were done months ago. 

Dingus   
Just now, Original 21 said:

And this sums it all up.

Newstyle   

For those of you feeling down, a reminder of our summer signings in 2009:

IN: Yuri Zhirkov (CSKA Moscow, £18m), Ross Turnbull (Middlesbrough, free), Daniel Sturridge (Manchester City, tribunal), Nemanja Matic (MFK Kosice, £1.5m)

9 months later we won the Double. 

jones   

Llorente is an excellent signing for Tottenham. Major upgrade on Janssen, is going to win them many points in tight games. If we really wanted him, I can't see why he would choose them over us. 

Juni   
1 minute ago, Newstyle said:

For those of you feeling down, a reminder of our summer signings in 2009:

IN: Yuri Zhirkov (CSKA Moscow, £18m), Ross Turnbull (Middlesbrough, free), Daniel Sturridge (Manchester City, tribunal), Nemanja Matic (MFK Kosice, £1.5m)

9 months later we won the Double. 

It's an entirely different league now and Chelsea's squad by comparison is exceptionally weaker. Waste of time.