• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, lofski said:

James, maybe just chill out posting every 2 mins, its getting boring,

Chill out. My football club is becoming second rate, and losing any ambition to win major titles and compete with Real, Bayern, City and United, when we have the potential to be their equal. We could lose our manager and best players long term.

Yeah, I should be out celebrating.

Dingus   
7 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Apparently Barkley turned us down as he wanted guaranteed first team football. Just like Ox. Not the clubs fault, to be fair. But they could have found that out earlier. 

Sky are reporting Leicester in talks with Adrian Silva, which will only go through if Drinkwater joins Chelsea. Chelsea apparently STILL not matched the valuation for Drinkwater.

We are absolutely useless. Just pay the money. We need the player, we have the money.

**** paying 35/40m for Danny Drinkwater. Sorry, but that is daylight robbery!

**** him and **** Leicester as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

chelboy   

The one transfer I do not understand is Llorente. How did we manage to mess that one up. Considering our strong spanish bond in the team and Conte being a former manager I thought that would be one easy deal. Shocking how we managed to mess that one up. God knows which strikers we are going to get Morata and Bats is not enough.

7 minutes ago, Newstyle said:

For those of you feeling down, a reminder of our summer signings in 2009:

IN: Yuri Zhirkov (CSKA Moscow, £18m), Ross Turnbull (Middlesbrough, free), Daniel Sturridge (Manchester City, tribunal), Nemanja Matic (MFK Kosice, £1.5m)

9 months later we won the Double. 

Cech, Turnbull, Hilario

Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Belletti, Terry, Carvalho, Alex, Cole

Essien, Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Mikel, Zhirkov

Cole, Malouda, Anelka, Kalou

Drogba, Shevchenko, Sturridge

No comparison. 

U-21's as fillers? 

Matic, Hutchinson, Bruma, Kakuta, Borini, Van Aanholt 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

BBC Sport: Ross Barkley has turned down a move to Chelsea. Clearly wanted Spurs. 

Great. Can't even attract Barkley. Goodness me. No one wants to come here. 

Probably because they all see what we do - our club has no ambition and no long-term ambition to be competitive.

It really is Drinkwater and Zappacosta now. Pathetic.

Here's a new avatar for you, James.

th.jpg

bluehorn   
4 minutes ago, chelboy said:

The one transfer I do not understand is Llorente. How did we manage to mess that one up. Considering our strong spanish bond in the team and Conte being a former manager I thought that would be one easy deal. Shocking how we managed to mess that one up. God knows which strikers we are going to get Morata and Bats is not enough.

This is comparatively our biggest f*** up. The Ox and Barkley wanted regular football, which we couldn't guarantee. However this chap is signing for Spurs on exactly the same premise as he would've with us. Once again we have demonstrated an exceptionally poor ability to convince people to join our project

Edited by bluehorn

jones   
13 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Starting to wonder if there are a few longer term targets in mind.  Players who might not realistically be available now, but might be in 6-9 months time? So the board are saving the cash to spend it then.  With the prices that have been floated about this summer, I can see why we may not have been prepared to match some of the quoted asking prices out there.  I mean, even £35m for Ox with one year left and £15m+ on a 32 year old Llorente do seem pretty steep (especially compared to previous years). 

Maybe there are targets the club are willing to wait for?  I could certainly see that being the case with a player like Barkley.  Why pay £30m odd now when he could be £10m in January or free next summer? 

Or am I giving the club too much credit there? 

Could very well be the case. Sanchez staying at Arsenal is interesting. Cheeky bid in January or free transfer in the summer? He for sure will have tons of suitors, but he is one of very few players that immediately and massively strenghtens our first XI. Same with Alex Sandro. Juventus did not want to sell, but unless he signs a new contract, they will want/have to sell him in a year when Spinazzola returns.

I know, I know, just trying to squeeze out some positivity among all the sour grapes here.

bert19   
11 minutes ago, Newstyle said:

Barkley in January makes sense if he's going to be injured until November.

Also potential for some of our loan army to be recalled in January, like we did with Ake last [although that was to replace Ivanovic..]

We are also alleged to have buy-back clauses in Ake, Chalobah and Traore

All may come in handy if we have an injury crisis.

As an aside, great to see the likes of Alonso, Fabregas and Luiz not being picked for their national teams and resting up for their clubs, it may be one of the reasons we're after Drinkwater ;)

I can definitely see Tammy being recalled in January if he's doing well and we aren't.  Not sure about any of the others really. Maybe RLC? 

Good point about the players not going on international duty - quite happy when that happens to be honest.