• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Silva to Leicester, Drinkwater to Chelsea rumours picking up again

To be fair, it's probably just Sky and others trying to keep people interested and watching/reading until the end of the deadline, just in case the deal goes through!

It won't.

Just now, James Prescott said:

For what it's worth, Matt Law saying we're now close to signing Drinkwater for £35 million. So that's something.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I wouldn't be surprised if we finish tonight with 0 new signings and minus 1 manager.

13 minutes ago, chelboy said:

The one transfer I do not understand is Llorente. How did we manage to mess that one up. Considering our strong spanish bond in the team and Conte being a former manager I thought that would be one easy deal. Shocking how we managed to mess that one up. God knows which strikers we are going to get Morata and Bats is not enough.

I do.

Llorente is about to turn 33. When was the last time we spent money buying a player that age, let alone £13m-£15m? For a while now, we've only given one year contracts to players over 30. Even JT wasn't immune to this treatment. Depending on which paper you read, he's been offered either a 2 year or 3 year contract by Spurs. That was never going to happen here. What's not to understand?

Faramir   
22 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Chill out. My football club is becoming second rate, and losing any ambition to win major titles and compete with Real, Bayern, City and United, when we have the potential to be their equal. We could lose our manager and best players long term.

Yeah, I should be out celebrating.

Hey Lofski! I guess you suggesting that James "chills out" kind of backfired.  :)

lofski   
Just now, Faramir said:

Hey Lofski! I guess you suggesting that James "chills out" kind of backfired.  :)

he's hilarious!!! hahaha

Holymoly   

Can't see anything happening now. Everything seems to have gone quiet or else fallen through.

Faramir   
20 minutes ago, chelboy said:

The one transfer I do not understand is Llorente. How did we manage to mess that one up. Considering our strong spanish bond in the team and Conte being a former manager I thought that would be one easy deal. Shocking how we managed to mess that one up. God knows which strikers we are going to get Morata and Bats is not enough.

How long a deal did Llorente get from Spurs. I bet that was the sticking point. Not willing to give him a three year contract. He is 32.

If we get Zappacosta and Drinkwater, our squad for potentially 60 games - Remy looks like he's staying, no confirmation of his departure and gives us an extra striker:

GK: Courtois, Callibero, Eduwardo

CB: Cahill, Dave, Rudiger, Luiz, Christensen

WB: Zappacosta, Moses, Alonso, Kenedy

CM: Fabregas, Kante, Drinkwater, Bakayoko

W: Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Musonda

CF: Morata, Bats, Remy

Squad of 23 players. For 60 games. If we get the two players we've been linked with. 

Playing with fire IMO. But actually better than I thought.

Weirdly, looks like Costa is not leaving this window. 

Edited by James Prescott

3 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

If we get Zappacosta and Drinkwater, our squad for potentially 60 games - Remy looks like he's staying, no confirmation of his departure and gives us an extra striker:

GK: Courtois, Callibero, Eduwardo

CB: Cahill, Dave, Rudiger, Luiz, Christensen

WB: Zappacosta, Moses, Alonso, Kenedy

CM: Fabregas, Kante, Drinkwater, Bakayoko

W: Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Musonda

CF: Morata, Bats, Remy

Squad of 23 players. For 60 games. If we get the two players we've been linked with. 

Playing with fire IMO.

We are 2 players short, AM and CF , perhaps an extra midfielder as well. my wish is that we land mahrez somehow, 

Edited by Mikel-Momo-12