• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, Orange Blue said:

Maybe we've had worse windows in terms of bringing in players, like 2015, but I can't remember being rejected all the time like this one.

As Champions of England.

Embarrassing.

colossus   
1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

How about, that he was about to fail the medical and was told to come back when he was fit (say, in January)? Just a thought.

Indeed.

Also the possibility of talking about getting higher wages coming back in January, and we would presumably pay a smaller transfer fee?

12 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I am happy with the squad. the high energy spots are amply covered for rotation and the defence doesnt need changing every game, Zappacosta can rotate with both sides, dave can lay fotward and player of the year Kante is the glue next to fabs vision our keeper is top drawer and they are all running forward towards a 60m striker who has hit the ground running.

January window is a chance to top up if need be.

really? What's your plan if Morata does a cruciate next week?

cii99mn1   
Just now, NoblyBobly said:

Bats? 

Quite a few clubs playing one up front have one good/decent backup striker. 

1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

I want to see more of bats and our attacking players are more than capable. imagine being a defender and seeing hazard, pedro and willian coming at you. A few matches without Morata is not the end of the world for me.

I think if it got to the point of him taking a medical at Cobham, he was clearly interested in joining us. Not sure he "rejected Chelsea" if he got as far as agreeing terms and a medical. He clearly was interested in us if it got that far.

Maybe he felt rushed into a decision, and wanted some time to decide properly (as Matt Law alluded to). Certainly Matt Law is saying we're still very interested in him and will try again in January, and he's still open to coming here.

I suspect given the gaps in our squad, we will go for him in January. And we'll probably get him cheaper than £35 million in January. 

Ironically, given our lack of depth, he's morel likely to get a game here than he is at Spurs right now. 

Ham   

My guess is that Barkley's agent heard of another, more lucrative offer from someone else in January. 

Edited by Ham

Utter f**king joke of a window.

That is all.