• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

bluehorn   
1 minute ago, James Prescott said:

It'll be Hazard, Pedro and Willian front three again. That worked really well last year TBH. 

Think we'll go for a striker in January.

In fact, I think we'll probably sign a couple of players in January.

I'm referring to us having only 2 strikers James, and Bats being a significant downgrade on Morata.

So it looks like we agreed deals for Barkley and Ox, and were close on Llorente - but they all turned us down. So in truth, can't blame the club for a lack of ambition there. 

I was wrong. Humble pie eaten. I take back my cynicism and negativity, totally misplaced.

We did our best, agreed the deals, but players let us down. Nothing to do with us. Certainly not Barkley's last minute change of heart was nothing to do with us. Sure we'll rectify it in January.

Drinkwater and Zappacosta will make our squad strong enough to cope till January. Add a couple then (hopefully one of them being Barkley), and we'll then have a decent squad.

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

So it looks like we agreed deals for Barkley and Ox, and were close on Llorente - but they all turned us down. So in truth, can't blame the club for a lack of ambition there. 

I was wrong. Humble pie eaten. I take back my cynicism and negativity, totally misplaced.

We did our best, agreed the deals, but players let us down. Nothing to do with us. Certainly not Barkley's last minute change of heart was nothing to do with us. Sure we'll rectify it in January.

Drinkwater and Zappacosta will make our squad strong enough to cope till January. Add a couple then (hopefully one of them being Barkley), and we'll then have a decent squad.

These deals haven't been completed yet. Zappacosta gone very quiet and Drinkwater sounds touch and go.

Shocking transfer window from our board.

bluehorn   
Just now, James Prescott said:

This is an over-correction James. You and others are right to criticise. It has everything to do with us! It's us that look like fools for chasing players, up until hours of the deadline who were at best "meh" about joining, and at worst downright not interested, ala the Ox.

We have demonstrated an appalling ability to ascertain interest in joining us, and even worse at convincing. 

Ham   
2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

That's over 100 posts from you in a day James. Have a little break now. 

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

These deals haven't been completed yet. Zappacosta gone very quiet and Drinkwater sounds touch and go.

Shocking transfer window from our board.

Still two hours to announce them if deals agreed. Both close.

Photos coming out with Zappacosta signing his contract. Looks like that's done.

Dingus   
3 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Turn it in James. Stop sucking up to those who challenged you. Stick to your convictions.

The window has been a failure. No sufficient additions (replacements don't figure in my eyes) to the squad to give it the quality needed to challenge on four fronts.

The club and board should be ashamed of themselves for this to have happened.

bluehorn   
5 minutes ago, cii99mn1 said:

Remind me who we had as a backup to Costa. 

Remind me how many Champions League games we played last year? Costa played every game when fit, even when he was playing numerous levels below his best post January, with Conte even playing Hazard up top instead of Bats on one occasion. He wasn't trusted. The more I see of him, the more I see why.