• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Faramir   
10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

mate, you need a six month break.

No!

He can only take a four month break. The January window lurks on the horizon.

Ham   

A very well connected Spurs ITK is saying that they contacted his agent whilst he was at Cobham to say "wait til january". 

2 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Turn it in James. Stop sucking up to those who challenged you. Stick to your convictions.

The window has been a failure. No sufficient additions (replacements don't figure in my eyes) to the squad to give it the quality needed to challenge on four fronts.

The club and board should be ashamed of themselves for this to have happened.

Right, so I admit I was wrong, and I get slated for it.

I can't win here. 

We didn't screw up the Barkley, Ox or Llorente deals - they chose other clubs or to stay at their current club. We did deals for them all. That's not our fault.

Our fault was waiting so long to do the deals - that's still ridiculous for me, and I'll never understand why we do that.

Faramir   
11 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

I was wrong. Humble pie eaten. I take back my cynicism and negativity, totally misplaced.

How many posts will this last? Five or ten?

cii99mn1   
Just now, bluehorn said:

Remind me how many Champions League games we played last year? Costa played every game when fit, even when he was playing numerous levels below his best post January, with Conte even playing Hazard up top instead of Bats on one occasion. He wasn't trusted. The more I see of him, the more I see why. 

You said ACL tear, not more games. I can't see our squad being sufficient for the next 10 months either. If one wants to be positive Bats has had one more year to develop and is maybe a better player now. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

A very well connected Spurs ITK is saying that they contacted his agent whilst he was at Cobham to say "wait til january". 

What does it matter he is a lazy waster, he has had so many chances to shine at everton and if he isn't up to it there will he ever be. I think we dodged one there

What an unmitigated disaster this transfer window has been. Probably the worst one we've ever had. 

In my opinion we have a weaker first 11, an under-reinforced squad, much strengthened rivals and more games to play. To make things worse we actually played a direct role in strengthening said rivals. 

All after dominating the league last season. Whoever is in charge of player recruitment and the squad should be sacked on the spot. 

Honestly, what a **** up. 

What a complete and utter balls up Marina and Emanalo have made of this. They left it way too late and did not do the required research. If you cannot identify players that fit the profile we need AND WANT TO COME HERE, then you have no business doing the job. I will be very surprised if Conte is here next May and that will be a result of this incompetence.

Both out.

Edited by McCreadie
apostrophe disaster

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

These deals haven't been completed yet. Zappacosta gone very quiet and Drinkwater sounds touch and go.

Shocking transfer window from our board.

According to Torino, the deal for Davide Zappacosta has been completed - it's just not been announced on TOCWS yet (I guess they might be busy - well, hopefully).