• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

BBC reporting now that sources close to Ross Barkley say he never travelled to Chelsea or had a medical, and didn't reject Chelsea outright - just didn't want to start at a new club when still out with a serious injury.

kev61   

It could be worse,you could be an arsenal supporter.One of my drinking buddie is an Arsenal season ticket holder.He suggests putting  a poster up at the entrance to the ground.

'Abandon hope all ye who enter' (dante's inferno).😄

1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I'm sure a few pages back you gave a list of all the loan players we could have kept that could have filled out the squad for free, but now Musonda doesn't count? He is probably good enough to play the same role as Palmer at Huddesfield, a player you clearly rate and probably had loads offers for a loan at maybe a better team than Hudd. Board/Conte (who knows) appear to have proactively chosen to keep over signing someone there which is promising. Probably because he is willing to stay and see what chances come his way as opposed to others that left.

Musonda is nowhere near good enough to play at Huddersfield have a look his record on loan.  Like Boga he was hyped heavily at 15/16, but hasn't followed through on that (yet).  Certainly not going to get 2 starts and 2 sub appearance for any PL team (which Palmer has already).

The reason I gave that list (and probably missed a few more) was because all of those players were players that would have been far more useful than Scott, Boga or Musonda.  Any kept back were, as Juni said, kept as ball boys and cones, not credible first team alternatives.

1 minute ago, James Prescott said:

BBC reporting now that sources close to Ross Barkley say he never travelled to Chelsea or had a medical, and didn't reject Chelsea outright - just didn't want to start at a new club when still out with a serious injury.

It's interesting, isn't it - you certainly can't trust the media, and now it seems that you can't trust Everton either.....:).

Sea foot   

And breathe.

I know I don't speak for anyone else but...

Thank f*** that's over with. I hate the transfer window with a passion. 

The thing us, I'm genuinely interested in the comings and goings, but the frenzy that takes hold of the forums, the press not knowing anything except how to whip up click bait. It has taken a lot of the enjoyment of watching the first few games because the bleeding gossip takes precedent over the games. 

To me it's like a following a game but only having access to the score to give us a clue as to what's happening. If we are a goal down, are we playing badly or are we all over them to be done by a dodgy ref. No one knows. All we know about what is really going on is when it's announced. A bit of gossip is nice, some they get right, some they don't. 

Moving on, we know our squad now, they are our team. Can't change it so I'm really looking forward to see if our manager/coach can work some magic and prove to some that it wasn't a fluke last season. This is what I watch football for, not the sales

I understand that as an aging hippy the views I present are entirely my own and probably a small minority, but the relief of it being over prompted a bit of a rant.

• Like 1

kev61   
3 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

And breathe.

The thing us, I'm genuinely interested in the comings and goings, but the frenzy that takes hold of the forums, the press not knowing anything except how to whip up click bait. It has taken a lot of the enjoyment of watching the first few games because the bleeding gossip takes precedent over the games. 

To me it's like a following a game but only having access to the score to give us a clue as to what's happening. If we are a goal down, are we playing badly or are we all over them to be done by a dodgy ref. No one knows. All we know about what is really going on is when it's announced. A bit of gossip is nice, some they get right, some they don't. 

Moving on, we know our squad now, they are our team. Can't change it so I'm really looking forward to see if our manager/coach can work some magic and prove to some that it wasn't a fluke last season. This is what I watch football for, not the sales

I understand that as an aging hippy the views I present are entirely my own and probably a small minority, but the relief of it being over prompted a bit of a rant.

Well said that man!

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Musonda is nowhere near good enough to play at Huddersfield have a look his record on loan.  Like Boga he was hyped heavily at 15/16, but hasn't followed through on that (yet).  Certainly not going to get 2 starts and 2 sub appearance for any PL team (which Palmer has already).

The reason I gave that list (and probably missed a few more) was because all of those players were players that would have been far more useful than Scott, Boga or Musonda.  Any kept back were, as Juni said, kept as ball boys and cones, not credible first team alternatives.

If that was the purpose of the list then fair enough on Scott and Boga but I think Musonda was highly regarded at the start of his loan which was curtailed by a change of manager and their league position, and then injury. Reports were that he impressed Conte enough to stay as as 5th option which has now become 4th option. True he wouldn't start as Huddersfield straight away, Palmer already played there which helps, but good enough for them to take him on loan I reckon.

GURJ SS   

What's the deal with Drinkwater, was he signed in time? We have officially only announced Zappa. 

4 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

And breathe.

I agree wholeheartedly. I also think we're not as doomed to failure as some here like to think.