• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

DannyLB   
13 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Yeah I thought this actually.  Baba will also be an upgrade on Kenedy in a few months if registered.

Kind of pointless saying now I guess, but IF we would have got Llorente, that would have been a very strong squad indeed. 

I agree on Llorente. Would've been such a great purchase for us. But I don't know how much blame the club can take over him going to Spurs. Maybe we just weren't THAT interested and it would make sense for a player to go where he feels wanted. 

Faramir   
4 hours ago, Dingus said:

Where in any of my posts have I aimed any negativity towards Conte? The man is a saint to overachieve like he did last season.

All I'm wanting is for the squad to improve it's numbers in terms of it's quality.

The fact that this is being even questioned by people I find more amazing to be honest.

Sorry Dingus.

Your post(s) sparked my thoughts regarding transfer negativity which led to me thinking of Conte negativity among a few on this forum.

Edited by Faramir

Faramir   
6 hours ago, Ham said:

Is there something about Riyad Mahrez that we don't know about? Why has nobody bought him from Leicester........ Again? 

I'm sure Leicester's valuation does not align with those interested in buying him.

bluehorn   
27 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

I agree on Llorente. Would've been such a great purchase for us. But I don't know how much blame the club can take over him going to Spurs. Maybe we just weren't THAT interested and it would make sense for a player to go where he feels wanted. 

I think the clincher from most reports is that Llorente wanted a 2 year deal, or at least 1 with option of another. Given our bizarre policy, he wasn't going to get that here. 

Skysports reporting that Costa deal to At Madrid "unlikely but not impossible". Good on us for not buckling under the pressure, they're offering about 20-25m says sources.

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

The same was said of Costa, Drogba and others. No transfer is 100% guaranteed to be a success purely because players are like you and me (and maybe even Droy, who knows?)... human beings!

Instead of constantly running down our players, have a break, have a Mars bar!!! ;-)

You're thinking of someone else. Firstly I don't constantly run down our players (certainly no more than yourself) and I'm not running down Morata. I'm running down the board for not giving us adequate back up IF he struggles. Is that unreasonable?

With regards to Morata here's my thoughts. We don't know yet do we? You can't judge a player on three games can you (for good or for bad?) but he hasn't filled me with confidence. He could be amazing then do his cruciate and be out for the season. He could just not adapt at all to the prem or our team. The back up is Bats or Remy. You talk about Costa and Drogba as success examples so I will give you Bats and Remy as my example. Anyway why do you need examples...we could go on all night exchanging players names who have turn out great or shite..  

The sheer volume of games this season will be unlike last season so Morata can't play them all can he?  Or maybe you think he's got  superpowers? I just don't think our expectations of the lad should be too high or our whole season should rest on his shoulders. That will be the cue for people to come on here and rip him apart...he is indeed a human being.

And secondly I don't eat Mars bars.

• Like 3

Juni   

Remy has officially left now, people can stop talking about him as an option.

5 hours ago, Faramir said:

A bit of perspective is needed. We went from a mid table team to Premier League champions

A bit of irony here.
Not least because we went from Premier League champions ot a mid table team by not having enough players in the squad.

For the fifth season in the row we have had enough star players in the squad to justify expectations of winning the Prem.  For the 4th season in a row we have gone very close to the line on player numbers. 

4 hours ago, Juni said:

Except that the very best clubs in Europe are able to retain a full squad of top class players, players certainly better than Chelsea's questionable depth.

Chelsea: Caballero, Rudiger, Christensen, Clarke-Salter, Kenedy, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Willian, Musonda, Batshuayi

Real Madrid: Casilla, Varane, Vallejo, Nacho, Hernandez, Kovacic, Ceballos, Vazquez, Bale, Mayoral, Benzema

Barcelona: Cillessen, Semedo, Umtiti, Vermaelen, Digne, Rafinha, Gomes, Paulinho, Arda, Deulofeu, Alcacer

Juventus: Szczesny, Benatia, Howedes, Rugani, De Sciglio, Asamoah, Matuidi, Sturaro, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Mandzukic

Bayern: Ulreich, Rafinha, Sule, Martinez, Bernat, Tolisso, Rudy, James, Coman, Ribery, ? (CF2 at Bayern is the only notable position missing in any of these comparisons)

Chelsea's second XI bears no comparison to anyone else there really and, once again, it's going to show in Europe. There's nothing spoilt or reactionary about wanting your club to be the best in the world, especially when it harbours the same ambitions, and there's nothing wrong with demanding more from them.

QFT - says it all.
Chelsea's second XI bears comparison with only one other I can think of - the 2015/16 Chelsea second XI.

JaneB   
8 minutes ago, bluecueball said:

Plot thickens... Costa included in our squad?

Still officially our player?