• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kev61   
On 01/09/2017 at 1:37 AM, Vinod said:

Welcome Danny 

Yes indeed Maybe a good signing -  we have lead Danny  to water- but can we make him drink?.

Edited by kev61

Well, turn up for the books.

Apparently it's not just Conte who is furious with Marina and Emenalo about the transfer activity this summer - so is Roman. According to reports Roman apologised to Conte for not getting the number or quality of players he wanted and is set to have stern words with Emenalo and Marina. 

Damn right. 

Might mean an interesting January window. Especially with players like Sanchez and Barkley running out of contract, and Mahrez still wanting out of Leicester. 

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Apparently it's not just Conte who is furious with Marina and Emenalo about the transfer activity this summer - so is Roman. According to reports Roman apologised to Conte for not getting the number or quality of players he wanted and is set to have stern words with Emenalo and Marina. 

Damn right. 

Might mean an interesting January window. Especially with players like Sanchez and Barkley running out of contract, and Mahrez still wanting out of Leicester. 

Source?

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

Damn right. 

Apparently? who do you know in Romans inner circle?

Apparently our failure to land some of our targets was because Conte wasn't involved in courting the players and therefore they were unsure of his plans for them. We are good at identifying quality players club really needs to look at the manner in which they negotiate with clubs, players and agents. Players often say that a chat with the manager convinces them over making a move.

https://theprideoflondon.com/2017/09/03/chelsea-antonio-conte-transfer-failings/

5 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Apparently our failure to land some of our targets was because Conte wasn't involved in courting the players and therefore they were unsure of his plans for them. We are good at identifying quality players club really needs to look at the manner in which they negotiate with clubs, players and agents. Players often say that a chat with the manager convinces them over making a move.

https://theprideoflondon.com/2017/09/03/chelsea-antonio-conte-transfer-failings/

From the article: "Leaving it solely to Michael Emenalo and his team will just turn recruits off. The boss needs to explain to the target why he wants him to be part of his squad."

Maybe Conte NOT talking to them was an indication of how much he didn't want what many here call "board signings".

What a load of old rubbish , no quotations , no proof , I may as well write an article about how Ross Barkley turned down Chelsea because he wanted a ride on Santa's sleigh to the stadium for the amount of truth in it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Apparently our failure to land some of our targets was because Conte wasn't involved in courting the players and therefore they were unsure of his plans for them.

I doubt that he was involved.  Whether we had more than one target (Barklay) that got away I don't know.

jones   

We know that Mourinho used to convince players into joining the club (Zouma and Fabregas have both shared that for instance), so it would be strange if the club suddenly did not want to involve the manager in that process. One thing that recognises Conte, is that he only wants players that are 100 % committed to the team. If the goal is to persuade a player to join you go with the "I am going to build my team around you, you are guaranteed to play", but that may backfire when things eventually don't work out that way. Another way is to be brutally honest and say "you have the abilities I am looking for in my team and I think you can be great, but you must work hard and prove that you should play just like everyone else". You might miss out on a few, but the player is way more likely to act and respond in the way the manager wants.

Not saying that's neseccarily why we missed out on Chamberlain, Llorente, Barkley etc, but it would not surprise me if that was the case either. And if it was, I honestly prefer someone with a clear vision like Conte. Even if it means missing out on a few.

Edited by jones