• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
On 9/12/2017 at 6:47 PM, Stim said:

We did act soon though. Rudiger, Morata and Bakayoko were all signed in the first 19 days of the window

But this doesn't suit the narrative.

I'm sure if we had things our way completely we'd have signed more players within that space of time. 

kev61   
On 11/09/2017 at 3:09 PM, Droy was my hero said:

The mad scrabble for players which you and I were hoping for just didn't happen.  The club seems to have decided on its scrawny squad size back in March or April - certainly by the time they went for 3 overseas GKs.

There are not the players out there.It really is a small pool.We have spent a fortune, on, at best average players.Would you advocate a splurge on players for the sake of it,like batman who will not make it for us IMO.

Keats said about Byron - ' he describes what he sees - I describe what I imagine'.You imagine what what you see.

Jose pretty much confirms that the reason Lukaku went to Utd was due to finances: 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11040084/jose-Mourinho-manchester-united-were-willing-to-pay-what-everton-wanted-for-romelu-lukaku

Persoanlly, I am with the club on this one as the (rising to) £90m fee, plus £250k wages and £10m (rumoured) fee to the agent made the deal too expensive. 

Reports are coming in that Atletico Madrid have made Chelsea a 'final' offer for Costa: 57 mill plus add-ons.  Personally, I'd snatch their hands off getting a deal done. I understand Chelsea wanting to put Costa in his place, and hang him out a bit after his disappearing act to Brazil, but really - 57 mill plus add-ons? Take the money and run!

xCELERYx   
15 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Reports are coming in that Atletico Madrid have made Chelsea a 'final' offer for Costa: 57 mill plus add-ons.  Personally, I'd snatch their hands off getting a deal done. I understand Chelsea wanting to put Costa in his place, and hang him out a bit after his disappearing act to Brazil, but really - 57 mill plus add-ons? Take the money and run!

Euro or Pound? 

Either way, I agree that we should accept it and rid our hands of the situation completely. 

kev61   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Seems a lot to pay for the prodigal son,I doubt it's true, Costa will not win them titles so why would am  pay that sort of money - for the sake of sentiment?.

2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Euro or Pound? 

Pounds, apparently. Plus add-ons. 

Mind you, the story originated out of Marca, so who knows?

23 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Seems a lot to pay for the prodigal son,I doubt it's true, Costa will not win them titles so why would am  pay that sort of money - for the sake of sentiment?.

Mate, I don't particularly like Costa, but there's no doubting his ability to score goals when he's in the right mood, and motivated. My guess is that he sees himself as having something to prove - particularly to Chelsea and Conte. Given what others have been going for, I can't see that 57 mill quid is too big an ask, tbh, and he's in his prime right now..