• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I agree. My thinking is that we are in the process of switching to 352, thus the main need for us in Jan is a LWB, CM and CF (depending on your views on Bats). However, for me Jan is such a hard time to get any business done, thus bringing back someone like MVG makes the most sense as he is too good for Holland and not being challenged there, it will give us the chance to look at him now and make a better judgement than Summer and it will not cost us much if anything. Additionally, for me, he fits the bill of what we need in any new CM and that is goals and assists (he is averaging about 1 a game at the moment; that's goals/assists combined). 

For me, Conte's intention was always to play 352 once the 424 didn't really take off in pre-season. Just as he did with the Italian NT prior. The issue at the time is that we had a lack of viable CM's and too many AM's to really make it work. Thus, he adapted to the 343 to make the best use of what we had already. Now that he's slowly bringing players in there's a real sense that he see's Hazard as a forward option and with the addition of Bakayoko and Drinkwater, he now has midfielders who can play as he desires. 

There's still work to be done and we do need another LWB, CM and CF mainly. I think the most realistic area we'll possible fill in January is a CF. I like Bats and I think in a system that allows him a partner he'll be more consistent. However, I still think someone a bit more all-round is needed as a foil for Morata for when he's out. The other two positions are probably better address in the summer. 

I'd still keep MVG at PSV for the season just for the regular game time again having had so many injuries. Plus, unsure if he can even be recalled anyway? He profile does seem to bit fitting for the role though he would take here and would provide something we lack a little of. 

Just buy Sanchez, whatever the cost, and play a front 3 of Hazard-Morata-Sanchez and all this horrible talk of 352 will go away. 

Whatever way you want to look at it a good front 3, especially when you have a player like Hazard in it, will always be better than a good front 2. 

Is it a question of money? The fact that to buy another top class attacking option will cost a lot more than any other position on the pitch? Is that why we are playing with 7 defensive players at the moment?

I love Conte but I really can't get behind this  switch to 352.I'm all for seeing a midfield 3 but not at the expense of an attacking player. 

How many team's has won any big competitions playing 352? Genuine question. 

9 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I agree. My thinking is that we are in the process of switching to 352, thus the main need for us in Jan is a LWB, CM and CF (depending on your views on Bats). However, for me Jan is such a hard time to get any business done, thus bringing back someone like MVG makes the most sense as he is too good for Holland and not being challenged there, it will give us the chance to look at him now and make a better judgement than Summer and it will not cost us much if anything. Additionally, for me, he fits the bill of what we need in any new CM and that is goals and assists (he is averaging about 1 a game at the moment; that's goals/assists combined). 

Yes, he's way too good for Holland and would be a handy addition to the squad. I'd have him back but I'm not sure he's considered a serious option for us in the future. 

6 hours ago, Vinod said:

Yes, yes and yes.

The reason we are playing 3-5-2 is Fabregas is better than the 2nd best AM we have. 

Yeah, I think it's a choice between Cesc and Pedro. Tough one, but Cesc at his best influences the game more. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

This time last year, you would have said the same about 3-4-3

Conte's Juve won 3 titles in a row playing that way.

The post Conte Juve got to 2 CL finals playing 352 

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Maybe, but I thought there was some merit to the way we lined up in the 343. Playing 7 defensive minded players and relying entirely on Fabregas and Hazard for any sort of creativity is not going to win us much. In my opinion.

So the answer is one team and  a few league titles in Italy?

Edited by Martin1905

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Just buy Sanchez, whatever the cost, and play a front 3 of Hazard-Morata-Sanchez and all this horrible talk of 352 will go away. 

Whatever way you want to look at it a good front 3, especially when you have a player like Hazard in it, will always be better than a good front 2. 

Is it a question of money? The fact that to buy another top class attacking option will cost a lot more than any other position on the pitch? Is that why we are playing with 7 defensive players at the moment?

I love Conte but I really can't get behind this  switch to 352.I'm all for seeing a midfield 3 but not at the expense of an attacking player. 

Right, Rught, and cost has a great deal to do with it. AMs are expensive, not least because for every AM starter, you need one to rotate him with.

2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

Yeah, I think it's a choice between Cesc and Pedro. Tough one, but Cesc at his best influences the game more. 

No- it is a choice between Bakayoko and Pedro.  Cesc is a nailed on starter.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

352 is for not losing.  You need 3 forward players to consistently beat opponents.  So 352 has its advantage for cup competitions which are over 180 mins or more.  You can't regularly beat PL teams to win the league without taking some risk - at least as much as we took last season.

Edited by Droy was my hero

synavm   

Disagree on this 3-5-2 is defensive lark. You can use your wing-backs for width and utilise an attacking Midfielder as part of the central three, connecting up to the two forwards. Alternatively you can play 3-5-1-1 with a centre forward sitting behind a striker, which is a more cautious version- which we've been playing recently. I think it works better against sides that may try to flood the centre of Midfield than 3-4-3 does. Most importantly, it's an option- we can go wide or work through the middle and have two formations available to us to do that. Conte has it bang on.

Edited by synavm

30 minutes ago, synavm said:

Disagree on this 3-5-2 is defensive lark. You can use your wing-backs for width and utilise an attacking Midfielder as part of the central three, connecting up to the two forwards. Alternatively you can play 3-5-1-1 with a centre forward sitting behind a striker, which is a more cautious version- which we've been playing recently. I think it works better against sides that may try to flood the centre of Midfield than 3-4-3 does. Most importantly, it's an option- we can go wide or work through the middle and have two formations available to us to do that. Conte has it bang on.

I agree that 3-5-2 isn't as defensive as Droy and a few others make out. Against West Brom, Cesc was often one of the deepest players with Kante, Bakayoko, Alonso, Zapacosta, Hazard and Morata ahead of him, and at times either one or the other of Cahill and Azpilicueta too. The runs the two wing backs and Bakayoko were making meant that West Brom couldn't double up as much on Hazard as they might have wanted to, which allowed Cesc to ping his passes with ease to our two most dangerous players. If Bakayoko were of the same level as Frank Lampard, the supposedly "defensive" nature of the formation wouldn't even be in question (other than, perhaps, by Droy who seems to relish in taking a contrary position in order to start arguments). If Bakayoko (once he is more used to the PL) can add goal-scoring to his armoury, then we'll have a pretty well balanced team.

48 minutes ago, synavm said:

That's great but nobody will be able to tell me that lining up with:

Azpilicueta , Christensen , Cahill , Zappacosta/Moses , Alonso , Bakayoko , Kante in the same team Isn't defensive.

I don't care what tactics we play or how well we play. That is about as defensive a line up as I can remember us ever playing.

We are 100% reliant on Fabregas and Hazard, which at the moment is wonderful as they are both playing well. What happens when one or both have a bad game?

We may not look like we are playing defensively because those two are playing so well but the moment their form drops I can guarantee you we will not be winning ANY big games if that's how we line up.