• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

There is quite a long list of free transfers in summer 2018 published on Sky Sports. There are about 10 who would interest me, becasue they are free transfers and would add depth

Goreztka, Robben, Ribery, Mata, Ozil, Sanchez, Ghoulam, Bernard, Barkley, Can, De Vrij would all add depth

Even Shaw and Blind could cover the LWB position

Some of that list are 30+ but would be good "bridging" players before some of the younger ones are ready

You forgot Messi 😉

jones   
4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Errr no, just no. 

Bit hilarious to even suggest such a thing. Hazard 2014-15 was his best season to date. 

And no, it's not just my opinion. 

Hazard was very good that season, but imo he was even better last season. Getting him in more central areas makes him increasingly efficient. Not having to track back like he had to in 4-2-3-1 will also save his energy for the final third. So I think 3-5-2 is an even better formation for him, and that we will see the best of Hazard if we continue with that system.

So I am not going to give you that one. But what I will give you is that I already knew you would respond to my post, because your reflex is to always support whatever JM did :-)

1 hour ago, jones said:

Hazard was very good that season, but imo he was even better last season. Getting him in more central areas makes him increasingly efficient. Not having to track back like he had to in 4-2-3-1 will also save his energy for the final third. So I think 3-5-2 is an even better formation for him, and that we will see the best of Hazard if we continue with that system.

So I am not going to give you that one. But what I will give you is that I already knew you would respond to my post, because your reflex is to always support whatever JM did :-)

I'm sorry but that last bit is a tad spuriois and has nothing to do with facts. 

He was player of the year in 2014-15. Maybe all the players in the league felt they had to protect Mourinho as well? Sounds likely. Not. 

2014-15 is also the only season where Hazard has competed at the top, top level for a full year in a season which wasn't a one-off (last season only the league and FA Cup to play for). To keep that level of performance in 14/15 was a hell of a lot more of an achievement than to do it for 36 games in 16/17. 

• Like 1

jones   
2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I'm sorry but that last bit is a tad spuriois and has nothing to do with facts. 

He was player of the year in 2014-15. Maybe all the players in the league felt they had to protect Mourinho as well? Sounds likely. Not. 

2014-15 is also the only season where Hazard has competed at the top, top level for a full year in a season which wasn't a one-off (last season only the league and FA Cup to play for). To keep that level of performance in 14/15 was a hell of a lot more of an achievement than to do it for 36 games in 16/17. 

In my and a lot of others opinion Hazard was at least as worthy player of the year as Kante last season, and clearly would have won it had it not been for the insane season Kanté had. I agree that there is a difference playing in the CL as well, and yes he played 9 more matches that season. 

Brin   

I really think we should sign Gareth Barry.....................Stand him at the end of the tunnel and get him to kick Hazard when he walks by on his way to the pitch.

Edited by Brin
  • Haha 1