• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

43 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Gotta say, this is the quietest lead up to a window that I can remember. Just about a month to go and deals are often close to being sealed at this point. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes. 

We're probably quietly looking for defensive reinforcements. 

25 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Ha. I know you jest but I actually would look at a reinforcement and that would be Danny Rose. He's obviously fallen out with Pochettino and I think we would be stupid not to bid for him in Jan. 

Go all in for Sanchez as well and those would be 2 signings that would add a lot of quality. 

I don't see us buying a left back if Baba Rahman is fit by January, but I agree 100% on Sanchez - he'll be a City player if they want him, but if they don't then we should put ourselves at the front of the queue.

Then it will be up to him to say yes or no, of course.

1 hour ago, A Blue Essien said:

Ha. I know you jest but I actually would look at a reinforcement and that would be Danny Rose. He's obviously fallen out with Pochettino and I think we would be stupid not to bid for him in Jan. 

I'm sure he has been tapped up.  Might be by us, we would never know.  Irony of course would be that we already paid £5m when Arnesen took Woods and Taiwo from Leeds and Cuddly Ken got stroppy and Rose refused to move with them.  He went to Spurs about a year later.

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sure he has been tapped up.  Might be by us, we would never know.  Irony of course would be that we already paid £5m when Arnesen took Woods and Taiwo from Leeds and Cuddly Ken got stroppy and Rose refused to move with them.  He went to Spurs about a year later.

I never knew that bit.

What great signings Woods and Taiwo were. Woods is now with non-league Hartlepool, and Taiwo is at Falkirk.

17 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Hah. 

I actually read that Conte was looking for a new CB this January (yes seriously). 

The list of players I've seen us linked to goes like:

Alex Sandro, Lucas Moura (what?), Barkley, Frankie De Jong, some CB from Lille, Benteke and Butland. 

Next summer I expect at least Willian and Luiz to have left us. Most likely Courtois as well. 

53 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Hah. 

I actually read that Conte was looking for a new CB this January (yes seriously). 

Probably to replace Luiz, who I'm guessing will be sold in January. Maybe to Real, maybe elsewhere. 

The list of players I've seen us linked to goes like:

Alex Sandro, Lucas Moura (what?), Barkley, Frankie De Jong, some CB from Lille, Benteke and Butland. 

Butland and Sandro I'd take, because we need (imo) another left wingback, and a replacement for Courtois, who seems to be on his way out at the end of this season (just my reading of the contract situation).

I doubt that we're seriously after Benteke, Moura, or Barkley other than in the media (but I could be wrong.....:).

Next summer I expect at least Willian and Luiz to have left us. Most likely Courtois as well. 

Yes, possibly Willian, and likely Courtois. Luiz as I said above, I think will go in January.

Really doubt we'll sell Courtois. I think it's just the usual contract talks which are dragging on. I fully expect him to sign a new contract.

Luiz could go either way though. I wouldn't sell unless he explicitly wants out. He's a very important member of the squad and dressing room. I reckon we'll really need him in the second half of the season. 

There were reports yesterday morning from France that Madrid want to buy Luiz in January.

The Telegraph reported the same story later in the day.

Would be a huge mistake in my opinion. We need him both on and off the pitch. 

synavm   

Depends on the money for me. If Real were to come in with daft money- say £50-60 Million, we'd probably be better off reinvesting it in a long term solution like Varane or a Marquinhos. If we're talking £30-40 Million then it might not be worth it.