• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

46 minutes ago, synavm said:

Depends on the money for me. If Real were to come in with daft money- say £50-60 Million, we'd probably be better off reinvesting it in a long term solution like Varane or a Marquinhos. If we're talking £30-40 Million then it might not be worth it.

We've already got that though and arguably better in Christensen. 

I think some players you just don't sell unless they really push for a move and David Luiz in this current squad is one of them.

Edited by Martin1905

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yes, possibly Willian, and likely Courtois. Luiz as I said above, I think will go in January.

Pedro too.  Perhaps Fabregas unless Conte puts up a big fight for him which may not happen.
Bats obviously needs to go (except in the unlikely occurrence of a change in manager.

Underlying it is the desire by Chelsea to get rid of players at 29, coupled with the realisation that only very rare superstars are ready to play for a club like Chelsea before they reach 23.  No wonder we have so few players and end up overplaying them.

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Probably to replace Luiz, who I'm guessing will be sold in January. Maybe to Real, maybe elsewhere. 

Butland and Sandro I'd take, because we need (imo) another left wingback, and a replacement for Courtois, who seems to be on his way out at the end of this season (just my reading of the contract situation).

I doubt that we're seriously after Benteke, Moura, or Barkley other than in the media (but I could be wrong.....:).

Yes, possibly Willian, and likely Courtois. Luiz as I said above, I think will go in January.

Yeah like you I hope Barkley and Moura is just paper talk. Can't see either being good fits for us. Especially Moura seems like a strange one for me. 

You're probably righ on Luiz. I wonder what really happened cause it seems there's no way back for him...

jones   

Courtois I don't think is pushing for a move, but for a better contract. Madrid will go for de Gea, and I will be very surprised if Courtois leaves - he has stated a couple of times that he wants to sign a new contract. 

Willian and Batshuayi will likely leave us next summer, most likely. Pedro I think will stay, and see out his contract as a good squad option.

With Pedro in the squad 3-4-3 will continue to be an option we will use from time to time, but I fully expect us to recruit players with a view on 3-5-2 which means more CFs, not more AMs. A new top class CF is given, and . Abraham possibly, but for the long-term I think he is better off with one more year on loan. I would not rule out us buying an experienced target man squad player instead, much like the role Llorente was supposed to have here. If we 

In midfield we are a little short, and I believe Loftus-Cheek is more likely than not to return as someone who can really make push. Ampadu too looks like someone who can be a decent CM6, so not so sure we need to invest in central midfield.

Wing back is more difficult. We have three slightly above average options. What I want is to have two of them as back-ups to top class wing-backs. LWB is most pressing obviously, but neither Moses or Zappacosta are of the level we ideally have in that position.

I would be content with our current set of defenders, but perhaps Luiz won't and then we for sure need a new CB capable in the central position. Zouma I have my doubts over.

55 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

You're probably righ on Luiz. I wonder what really happened cause it seems there's no way back for him...

I think Christensen happened.  But if someone wants to pay £50m for Luiz...

Actually it is more likely someone wanted to pay £50m for Christensen, that would do it.

4 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

Really doubt we'll sell Courtois. I think it's just the usual contract talks which are dragging on. I fully expect him to sign a new contract.

Luiz could go either way though. I wouldn't sell unless he explicitly wants out. He's a very important member of the squad and dressing room. I reckon we'll really need him in the second half of the season. 

We may have no choice if we get to the point where he's not signing a new contract with a year to go. He and his girlfriend have split up and she's gone back to her home city of Madrid, taking their two kids with her. Irrespective of how he may feel about her, and she about him, I would imagine he'd like to be closer to his children, and if that means moving...

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yeah like you I hope Barkley and Moura is just paper talk. Can't see either being good fits for us. Especially Moura seems like a strange one for me. 

If we buy Barkley and loan out RLC again, I will lose my sh*t! 

28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If we buy Barkley and loan out RLC again, I will lose my sh*t! 

We'll see, but I can see RLC needing another year out on loan - especially since we really ought to buy another top rate AM on the Willian Pedro level by this summer and RLC really will need another 20+ starts to progress.  Shame RLC didn't spend last season in the Championship.
But I agree, I wouldn't want Barklay sitting on our bench.

jones   

RLC does not need another loan if he continues in the way he has started at Palace. His potential is being unlocked at the moment, and he is really imposing himself on games. Basically running the show together with Zaha. What is best for him is to take that confidence and apply his game at the highest level. From what I have seen from Bakayoko so far, there is nothing against RLC mounting serious competition for the B2B midfielder role next season. If they share that position between, you can assume they will both get around 30+10 games - which is about the same amount of games you will realistically get for a mid table PL team. So no need to think he is going to play a lot less at Chelsea than at, let's say, Everton or Southampton.

18 minutes ago, jones said:

RLC does not need another loan if he continues in the way he has started at Palace.

I may well be wrong, but what I read of the last game or two (little I admit), he has not continued the way he was reported to have started at Palace.  Times gave him 6 for the last two games.  There is a long season ahead, but to do a Christensen, a lot will be demanded from him first.
And RLC has wasted 3 seasons sitting on the edge of our squad.  Unless he is going to break into the first team, not just the bench, and if he is as good as people say, then he will need a 2nd loan.

Edited by Droy was my hero