• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Dave .

Dave is you .

There is absolutely no need to chose between Mourinho or Conte , one is a club legend and the other is on the path to becoming one .

Of course, makes sense now haha. I thought you were just listing various players and not started by "hey Dave listen" kind of thing. 

Agreed - no need to choose. The club has done that for us already and someday someone else will be chosen instead of Conte. 

Stim   

Conte got a season of Luiz being one of the best defenders in the league so I love him for saving me the sadness I feel when people make fun of him.

20 minutes ago, Stim said:

Conte got a season of Luiz being one of the best defenders in the league so I love him for saving me the sadness I feel when people make fun of him.

True - Luiz was spectacular last season as the CB in a middle three. Essentially the position is perfect for him. He gets time on the ball, doesn't have to man-mark anyone and is controlling the build-up phase from the back. 

Problem for Luiz is that Christensen quite clearly showed from day one that he is the future. He backed up his talent and promise with performances on the pitch. It would be criminal to play Luiz ahead of Christensen although I'd be sad to see him (Luiz)  leave. But maybe he's too expensive to be a back-up CB and selling him would probably be the right thing to do (as long as the fee is re-invested in an AM and not another CB/DM). 

Sea foot   
46 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

True - Luiz was spectacular last season as the CB in a middle three. Essentially the position is perfect for him. He gets time on the ball, doesn't have to man-mark anyone and is controlling the build-up phase from the back. 

Problem for Luiz is that Christensen quite clearly showed from day one that he is the future. He backed up his talent and promise with performances on the pitch. It would be criminal to play Luiz ahead of Christensen although I'd be sad to see him (Luiz)  leave. But maybe he's too expensive to be a back-up CB and selling him would probably be the right thing to do (as long as the fee is re-invested in an AM and not another CB/DM). 

Can't argue with that. Would love him to stay but at least we've got the youngster. 

4 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Can't argue with that. Would love him to stay but at least we've got the youngster. 

Shades of Desailly and JT.

Rumours today that if, as is likely, Hazard has already agreed to join Real Madrid at the end of the season, Chelsea will go full out to sign Winfried Zaha and Ross Barkley as like for like replacements to cement Chelsea in the hunt for the Premier league next season and compete with the Manchester clubs.

2 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

Rumours today that if, as is likely, Hazard has already agreed to join Real Madrid at the end of the season, Chelsea will go full out to sign Winfried Zaha and Ross Barkley as like for like replacements to cement Chelsea in the hunt for the Premier league next season and compete with the Manchester clubs.

Doesn't sound like much of a replacement to me I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Doesn't sound like much of a replacement to me I'm afraid.

Pete, I doubt that it would sound like much of a replacement to the club, either........:)

Bit pessimistic this, but after 2 title wins in 3 seasons, we have STILL managed to engineer ourselves into a position where we are going to be trying to play catch-up to 2 clubs. That makes Hazard unlikely to stay IMO and it makes finding any semblance of a suitable replacement almost impossible. At a time when we should be looking forwards to becoming a real force in Europe again, we Could well end up nervously hanging on to PL 3rd or 4th place for the next few years. 

xCELERYx   
15 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

It's universal knowledge that both KDB and Lukaku left against the managers wishes. Both players and the manager has consistently told the same story. Lukaku reiterated them when he signed for United last summer. 

I find it hard to believe all three would lie about it. Mainly because they'd have no reason to do so. 

Yet, you're still one of the ones who has pinned the blame on Conte for selling Ake and Chalobah in the summer. It was made very clear that Conte wanted to keep Chalobah and send him out on loan to play regularly, instead he chose to request a permeant move - just as Ake did because the guarantee of first team football wasn't there given his position in the defensive picking order. 

Can't defend one manager and then blame another for exactly the same thing.