• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, xCELERYx said:

He always had quality about him though - heck he showed a glimpse of it against us in the CL when he ran riot for Basel. Not a complete player by any means, but if a side was after an attacking midfielder with pace that could score goals and create, he fit that bill. Having the confidence of the managers he played under at Fiorentina and then Roma made a world of difference - as did a far more suitable environment and role he was given in comparison to when he was here. Ultimately, the results speak for themselves. He's been a genuinely consistent player over the last few seasons essentially since he left - across what has now become three different sides. What he's doing at Liverpool isn't a surprise. I recall saying I wouldn't be shocked if he impressed at Liverpool when he initially joined and so far he's done just that. 

This. I don't care very much about the guy, and he's very under-rated on here, it has to be said. Thought that he was treated poorly, and should have been given more of a chance.

20 hours ago, paulw66 said:

In resepct of the first bolded bit, what Jose has done right is buy very good players who cost a lot of money. Pogba, Matic, Lukak......in excess of £200m on 3 players. Of course their points per game would improve

On the KDB bit, I am not going to get into a silly argument but he played a grand total of 132 minutes of PL football for us. He never got a proper chance, and with the talent he has, is poor management. I love(d) Jose, but he got that one badly wrong IMO. 

From your armchair, four years on. 

Why even bother Paul? You know what it takes for a player to play, he just didn't deliver. 

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Great for you - who else did you get right?

I identified Fabregas (rather late in 2014) and Schurrle.  Plenty of others got McEachran.  Back in the day I don't think anyone identified Frank Lampard or Drogba.  But certainly while I can't remember names, I know there were a few early fans of Christensen and KdB.  But not many.

Bang on - Fabregas, Lamps, Didier and a few others Chelsea should have signed like Aguero and Neymar I nailed all of them.  bang!

Holymoly   

Ah Cristmas! Followed by the usual festive meltdown during January. Don't you just love this time of year...

^ In the words of Lehrer, T: 

"Christmas time is here, by golly, disapproval would be folly,
Deck the halls with hunks of holly, fill the cup and don't say "when."
Kill the turkeys, ducks and chickens, mix the punch, drag out the Dickens,
Even though the prospect sickens, Brother, here we go again."

Bah. Humbug.

kev61   
6 hours ago, blue moon said:

^ In the words of Lehrer, T: 

"Christmas time is here, by golly, disapproval would be folly,
Deck the halls with hunks of holly, fill the cup and don't say "when."
Kill the turkeys, ducks and chickens, mix the punch, drag out the Dickens,
Even though the prospect sickens, Brother, here we go again."

Bah. Humbug.

Alas it will be a Dickensian quote for some people this Christmas - "annual income twenty pounds,annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen shillings and sixpence result happiness.Annual income twenty pounds,annual expenditure twenty pounds and sixpence,result misery."

For all our beautiful passing and crossing the club must back Conte and get him the 2nd striker he can trust and desperately needs as there is nobody in the middle able to deal with the crosses and big defenders

If Real are serious about Hazard to get them out of their mess, Chelsea should insist on Bale as being part of any deal.

2 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

If Real are serious about Hazard to get them out of their mess, Chelsea should insist on Bale as being part of any deal.

You know that there's a fairly obvious reason why we want to keep Hazard, and they want to punt Bale?