• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

For all our beautiful passing and crossing the club must back Conte and get him the 2nd striker he can trust and desperately needs as there is nobody in the middle able to deal with the crosses and big defenders

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Spot on. 

Yes. Absolutely. 

And another creative player, like Mahrez, and top class wing back, like Sandro.

We have the money. No excuses. 

2 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Yes. Absolutely. 

And another creative player, like Mahrez, and top class wing back, like Sandro.

We have the money. No excuses. 

2 from Mahrez, Richarlison and Sanchez.  Another bloody defender is the last thing we need.  In fact ideally we'd sell 3 and make the manager pick a proper team.

Welcome back for the window, James.  Last few days people have been asking about you.

We desperately need a wing-back. Alonso is our only LWB and is playing all the time. He is knackered. Kenedy is going on loan.

Sandro wants to leave Juve and looks likely to go. We definitely need him and he would improve us.

We don’t need a CB but we do need a left wing-back. 

I won’t be here much during the window. Just when we sign players or agree deals. 

Just now, James Prescott said:

We desperately need a wing-back. Alonso is our only LWB and is playing all the time. He is knackered. Kenedy is going on loan.

We'd be better off with a back 4 so we can have 2AMs and Fabregas.  In that situation both Rudiger and Azpi become optional FBs.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

We'd be better off with a back 4 so we can have 2AMs and Fabregas.  In that situation both Rudiger and Azpi become optional FBs.

We can easily play 343 with a very attacking outlook but it's not sustainable because we don't have the numbers. 

Untilnwe have 5 serious AMs and 3 strikers it's merely an academic discussion. We are 3 players short (4 if you accept Bats is useless). 

44 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

We can easily play 343 with a very attacking outlook but it's not sustainable because we don't have the numbers. 

Untilnwe have 5 serious AMs and 3 strikers it's merely an academic discussion. We are 3 players short (4 if you accept Bats is useless). 

Agreed, that is impossible now, and probably the window is not going to change things.
But this is the Transfer talk thread, and I was talking with James, so a little wishful thinking seems justified.
We only need a back up WB if we insist on starving ourselves of AMs.  Buy 3 AMs and a striker, and we can afford to let some defenders go.  Is that a dream - unfortunately yest.

24 minutes ago, synavm said:

I think the amount a top class wing-back like Alex Sandro contributes going forward is underestimated. 

No, I don't see that. That's why everybody wants to sign a player like him. The problem is that genuine top class wing backs are few and far between, and cost accordingly........:).

If United want to punt Luke Shaw this window, then I'd be happy if Chelsea moved for him. Yes, he's had injuries since moving to MU, but he seems to be fit again, and I think that he has what it takes to become a top-notch LWB.