• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sea foot   

Can't say that I'm exited too much about this signing (if indeed it happens) but as the carrion call these last couple of seasons has been about our small squad then boosting our numbers with a home grown English international can't be all bad. IMO.

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

this is fairly unknown though. If he is fit in the next couple of weeks, then why wouldnt he be involved?

As mad as it sounds, £15m really is peanuts in today's market. 

Gonna take him quite a while to get match fit I would assume.

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Gonna take him quite a while to get match fit I would assume.

not the first injured player we buy this season. Bought 2 in August,

6 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

not the first injured player we buy this season. Bought 2 in August,

Perhaps that's the secret ? It's the team Dr that's  identifying the players we need , to keep themselves in a job !

43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

this is fairly unknown though. If he is fit in the next couple of weeks, then why wouldnt he be involved?

As mad as it sounds, £15m really is peanuts in today's market. 

Yup, we could probably sell him for twice that in the summer.

30 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

£15m for an English player in this market is very cheap. He had a lot of potential, but has yet to live up to it and so I'm not totally convinced by this signing yet, but it does give us an extra attacking player in the squad with PL experience, which we are desperate for and it also adds to the HG quota.

Ross is an interesting one. He has some good attributes, namely decent dribbling ability, pace and strength. He's quite young still (only just turned 24) so should improve. Needs to work on his decision making and shooting (he does far too much of the latter). But there's a player in there that could excel in the right circumstances.

At that price it's worth a punt.

xCELERYx   
5 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

Ross is an interesting one. He has some good attributes, namely decent dribbling ability, pace and strength. He's quite young still (only just turned 24) so should improve. Needs to work on his decision making and shooting (he does far too much of the latter). But there's a player in there that could excel in the right circumstances.

At that price it's worth a punt.

Also rather creative which is something we vastly lack. The fact he's also willing to shoot from distance will be a nice change of pace. Hopefully he'll be more selective of when he does this, but at least we may have someone now willing to take a chance rather than just pass it off.

Worth the punt imo. But wouldn't be bothered if a deal didn't materialise either. Let's see what happens and support him IF he does indeed sign. 

Holymoly   

£15m I suppose is value but at the end of the day I don't see him getting much game time this season unless we hit a spate of injuries.

xCELERYx   
23 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

£15m I suppose is value but at the end of the day I don't see him getting much game time this season unless we hit a spate of injuries.

Well, we do know the club likes to buy players with the future in mind. So I dare say this isn't any different. If he makes an impact this season I think they'll consider it a bonus. They'll be thinking of the potential in the coming years and possibility of making a profit if sold. 

Edited by xCELERYx
Damn auto correct

We could actually do with someone who likes to take the odd shot at goal from midfield too.

Definitely support this deal IF it does indeed happen. He is direct, and will add a little bit of dynamism to our play. Will give us 3 solid options in midfield, and 2 decent backups in Bakayoko and Barkley  as well. Thats pretty decent for a squad IMO. If we can add a striker, I reckon this will be a very successful window.