• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

19 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Sky sports saying Arsenal want £35m, City unwilling to go above £20m.

He's a great player and someone we should have gone all out for in the summer but at that price, with his wages rumoured to be £300,000 a week and available for feee in 6 months it will be an extremely expensive, short term deal.

He will go for 27 mill in about a week.

Changed my mind on Sanchez now. 

Heard he is asking for £400k a week and isn’t budging on that. Meanwhile Hazard is about to sign a 300k a year contract.

Chelsea don’t appear to want to pay a 29 year old £100k a week more than their best player. And a £5 million agents fee on top of the transfer fee.

Which I totally agree with. I’d love Sanchez but that’s way too much.

Not even City seem willing to pay it.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Morata instead of going for Vardy is looking a bit dim now (and before anyone says anything I do realise that Vardys rusting legs will drop off the moment he hits 30). 

why does it look dim buying a player 6 years younger, who has scored more goals this season?

When Vardy hits 30 in January 2017, I'll go back to the future to see how his legs are 

chelboy   

People do realise all these Sanchez stories are coming out cause Arsenal want a higher price. It's probably Arsenal making it up to panic City. Alexis mind was made up in the summer. He only wants to play for City. Arsenal do not want to be forced into selling him for £20M but will probably budge in the end. Either that or lose him on a free. No other options for them. Either way Alexis is not coming here.

54 minutes ago, chelboy said:

People do realise all these Sanchez stories are coming out cause Arsenal want a higher price. It's probably Arsenal making it up to panic City. Alexis mind was made up in the summer. He only wants to play for City. Arsenal do not want to be forced into selling him for £20M but will probably budge in the end. Either that or lose him on a free. No other options for them. Either way Alexis is not coming here.

agreed it was incompetence/arrogance in the club that let it get to this stage. Could have sold him 18 months ago for a small fortune but just trying to get a reasonable deal

Said this all along. Get Vardy. Winner. Great finisher in and outside the box. Compliments Morata. Quick. English. Proven in PL and experience in CL. Still at his peak despite his age. Old enough to make way for Tammy when/if he is ready. Will only cost £30 million and nowhere near Sanchez’s wages. Good enough to rotate and gives us quality in depth. Plus means we don’t need a striker in the summer. 

He’s perfect for Chelsea and we’ve been interested before, including in the summer. 

He’s the logical signing. Especially if we want to go English. He even has two friends already here. 

Vardy would be a top signing. We should be on that.

jones   

No way are we going to spend 30mp on Vardy, 30 years old with no exit value. We stopped doing business like that a long time ago.

I am pretty sure 4-3-3 will be the way forward, and while I don’t think we need to invest too much in defence and midfield, we are a long way off in attack.

Instead of buying a back up to Morata (eg Vardy), I hope we look to bring in a new top class CF, capable of benching and/or playing together with Morata. We lack top quality in attack, not «decent plus» rotation options.

With Batshuayi already out, we have four attackers: Hazard, Morata, Willian and Pedro. And imo we need to play with three of them at the same time. We need to add a top class CF (Icardi, Belotti, Dybala etc) and a top class AM (Bailey, Draxler etc) to that group to be competitive in the PL and CL next season.

If you have six top players for the front three, you can vary in how you line them up. Either you play with a CF and two wingers, a no 10 behind two CFs or with inside forwards as in 3-4-3 (but then you need attacking full backs and two DMs in midfield).

If Morata play 90 minutes against Leicester, that will be the most minutes he has played as a 1st team player in a season. It obvious that Bat's is not cutting the mustard  therefore the club must decide which type of backup player to buy in the current window.

• Vardy type player - speed and running onto the overtop dink
  • Costa type player - who can hold the ball up with his back to the goal and bring hazard, William, Pedro into play

whoever the club goes for should be a short term option especially with the Conte's future up in the air

although I am not a fan Walcott at 20m might be a snip, would certainly fit the dink over top player?

Andy Carroll is a big NO

Ham   

The state of reporting these days... 

"May require leaving" 

Screenshot_20180113-020338.png